Forums

Topic: Why the Wii Is Incredible In 2022

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

Caolan114

Believe It or not I still regularly play my Nintendo Wii that released In 2006, I recently saw them priced at £20 on eBay which Is a steal

Yes the Wii has Incredible games Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Trilogy, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Just Dance.. I can keep naming games, everybody has their favorite and the library Is so varied

and I am not the only person still playing the Wii, according to Wiimmfi statistics Mario Kart Wii gets 200 players daily
What Is Wiimmfi? It's a fan server for Nintendo Wii and DS since the official servers shut down In 2013 after IGN bought out GameSpy which also shut down PS2 servers
and the best part about Wiimmfi Is you don't even need a modded system, simply set up your connection as normal, the DS uses an older WEP security so for that I recommend buying a modem or using a hotspot
and type In the wiimmfi dns code and that's It! you can enjoy all you're games online again
with the exception of Goldeneye that requires action replay codes to get online and Wiiware titles that need to be patched

Speaking of which, you can bring back old Wii channels If you do decide to mod the system, regular mii contests, everybody votes still being run by wiimmfi staff aswell as mario kart competitions, the news, weather and nintendo channels work too and they even translated the Japanese exclusive "Wii no ma" or "Wii Room" Into English

You can also use a seperate patcher to get the wii messaging working, the Kirby TV channel which was an EU exclusive was also revived last year

That Is far from the end because there are several game mods like mario kart ctgp that adds custom tracks and other features and improvements, you can even add your own mods and character skins not to mention the smash bros mods

Bring back wii virtual console, wiiware, use emulators like PS1, N64, Arcade, Gameboy
and homebrew games like wiicraft and mario war
use nintendont to play phantasy star online for gamecube over wifi on the wii

Even If you don't want to mod the system It has such a rich library and I even had fun making miis for hours
but If you do mod the wii Is truely limitless

SW-0540-4151-1259

Switch Friend Code: SW-0540-4151-1259 | 3DS Friend Code: 0774-4709-6408 | Nintendo Network ID: Caolan | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I still play Wii games until today but mostly my Wii games are shovelwares and unpopular games. I enjoy the games like Cooking Mama, Imagine Party Babyz, We Cheer 2, Boogie, Skylanders games, Chicken Little Ace in Action, Rabbids games, Mii games, Dance Dance Revolution games, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

I've never wanted to mod my Wii but it's one of my favourite consoles, there's so many amazing games on it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla wrote:

I've never wanted to mod my Wii but it's one of my favourite consoles, there's so many amazing games on it.

Me too.
When I traded my modded Asian version Wii with USA version Wii in order to play my original USA Wii games, I got the soft modded USA Wii machine then I asked to game shop owner to reset back to original factory and updated the machine from my original Wii disc with the latest update as I could get. Then I got another further updates from inserting Skylanders Superchargers Racing disc and I got Hulu app on my Wii.

Anti-Matter

PSVR_lover

I’d love a North American release of Fatal Frame 4. Only on the WII in Japan.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Donutman

I look at the Wii and Wii U as being one console. My Wii U has all my launch Wii had and then some. Close to 400 games on it. I picked up guitar hero and a couple guitars recently. We don’t use our Wii as much over last few months since everyone in house has bee upgrading to switch, but I plan on keeping the Wii U running as long as possible. I recently installed a new disc drive, andpicked up a 2nd gamepad. I have a 1tb external had had for all those games and I hope it still working 15 years from now. That way all my kids can experience some of what Wii all did.

Donutman

Matt_Barber

I modded my Wii but barely use it.

The Wii U, on the other hand... Well, it's practically a one stop shop for all of Nintendo's prior consoles if you're prepared to put a little work in. You've got native support for Wii and GameCube as well as its own library, and emulation for everything else up to and including the DS.

Speaking of emulators, Dolphin is phenomenally good these days, and works with nearly every game. You also get added conveniences such as save states and upscaling to HD resolutions.

Matt_Barber

Caolan114

@Matt_Barber There Is also a port of GTA III for Wii U but It requires the steam or IOS version

SW-0540-4151-1259

Switch Friend Code: SW-0540-4151-1259 | 3DS Friend Code: 0774-4709-6408 | Nintendo Network ID: Caolan | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Donutman @Matt_Barber Same! Wii U is also a Wii HDMI. It's the ultimate Nintendo console and if you soft-mod it you can even play your GameCube games. Three generations being natively played! Like 3DS-DS-GBA. Those two consoles are awesome. Both have Virtual Console on top of that so both are more attractive than Switch, in my opinion.

Banjo-

NinChocolate

Wii was not my cup of tea. Wii U however..

NinChocolate

Donutman

@Banjo- more attractive if you like being tied to a tv. Switch is a far better console and will only continue to get more games. I also miss the vc, but having a modded snes mini with like 400 games nes/snes, and switch with its apps, I haven’t used the Wii U for anything but star fox and some guitar hero over last year. And that’s from someone used it daily for years.

Donutman

Wargoose

Finally re-bought The Last Story, will be playing it as soon as I finish the Wonderful 101

Wargoose

Caolan114

@TrainerRosa Kind of cheating since the Wii U has a Wii built Into It

SW-0540-4151-1259

BongoBongo123

I love my Wii, it's actually the main console (as opposed to handheld) that I play. I still have a solid collection of downloaded virtual console games on it including both N64 Zeldas, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, the original Sonic, and Golden Axe.

I've just bought a few Wii games that I've never played like Pandora's Tower and overall it might be my favourite console of all time partly because it's backwards compatible with the Gamecube. I also love the novelty of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

BongoBongo123

HeavyMetalWario64DS

I still play Wii games, but on Wii U. My Wii was destroyed in 2013, so I upgraded to a Wii U, and that has basically been a Wii 2.0 for me (I don't play Wii U games on it much).

Favorites would be
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Mario Super Sluggers
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (haven't played this recently since I've beaten it a lot when I had my Wii)
Need for Speed Carbon, Pro Street, and Undercover (Only have Undercover left since I got the others on 360 now)
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (Just finished SS actually)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Spectrobes Origins
Metroid Prime Trilogy

EDIT: typed in 2103 instead of 2013

Edited on by HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Anti-Matter wrote:

@HeavyMetalWario64DS
Year 2103 ?? 😆
And how could your Wii get destroyed ?
You mean get broken ?

My room flooded and the Wii shorted out. Same with my PS2. At least my 360 was on a table when that happened.

Oops. Meant 2013

Edited on by HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Matt_Barber

Accident with a time machine perhaps?

Matt_Barber

BinaryMessiah

I have mine hooked up to a Retrotink with HD Retrovision component cables. It's never been sharper. I'd rather go this route than a Wii U. I sold my Wii U back in 2014 and don't regret it. I have a huge Wii collection and still haven't made it through my backlog.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic