Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 12,501 to 12,520 of 12,636

Pizzamorg

I actually realised I missed my year anniversary of my Series X by a couple of days - I just checked my photo memories.

A year later, I am still waiting for a reason to really use this lol. I got my Switch and my Series X within the last year or so, and if I told myself a year ago that you’d probably use the series X for less than a dozen hours and spend hundreds of hours on your Switch, I’d laugh and call myself mad.

I really hope this time next year, the Series X has a lot more exclusive stuff, so I can really start putting the console through it’s paces. Like for sure, if you have no other console, I am sure this is great for third party stuff and all the stuff Microsoft does in the name of game preservation is simply leaps and bounds beyond any competition, so that is cool, too.

However, for me, I already had a PC. And it has yet to pull me away from my PC. And I’m sure some people will say like “but if you have a PC already, why even get a console”. And that is because sitting at a desk isn’t very comfortable and with the way my room is set up, it can be quite awkward using my TV as a monitor for my PC. So the plan was to use my PC as the shooter/competitive machine and use the console for everything else, but so far the “everything else” I might have wanted to play wasn’t included in GamePass and it was like 60 quid on console or 30 quid on PC, so my Series X has been basically gathering dust other than using it for like Netflix or NFL Gamepass.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Monster Hunter GU. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.
PC games currently playing: Monster Hunter Rise. Expeditions Rome. Wolcen.

Shaman_King

Forza Horizon 5 is a masterpiece. I enjoy the game, and for now it’s GOTY

Shaman_King

Eel

I’m constantly bumping into things and losing control of my vehicle.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

@Eel

There's a lot of assists you can enable in settings. Turning a few on (or up, if already enabled) can help you adjust, then disabled once you get the hang of things (or left on, if you prefer).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Eel

I supposedly switched from normal to easy in the settings. Noticed very little changed. Might take a deeper look at the settings.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

So the absence of Jedi Outcast has been resolved. PS and Switch got the Aspyr port meanwhile Xbox got the OG Xbox version via backwards compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

I don't think the BC version has online though, which is kind of a shame.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Tasuki

So it looks like MS is finished with their backwards compatibility catalog. There are games I would have loved to see but it's understandable especially when it comes to licensing issues. Still their catalog is nothing to sneeze at especially compared to how Sony and Nintendo handled backwards compatibility.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Zuljaras

Awesome game is ported to Xbox

http://castletoria.com

BruceCM

You played that, then, @Zuljaras ...? I picked it up in a Steam sale some time ago but haven't got around to it yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

BruceCM wrote:

You played that, then, @Zuljaras ...? I picked it up in a Steam sale some time ago but haven't got around to it yet

Yes bought it on GOG. Amazing game! Almost copy and paste of Titan Quest but it is made by the same people after all.

http://castletoria.com

BruceCM

I'll be sure to give it a go sometime, then, @Zuljaras ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MrHonest

Gonna say.. I thought it wasn’t possible for MS and 343 to annoying me more after Halo 5 but here we are with the progression nonsense in Halo Infinite. I really hope the campaign will deliver or i am done with the franchise.

Edited on by MrHonest

MrHonest

Kayvoo

@Tasuki
My most wanted games for BC were Driver San Francisco and blur, guess my 360 stays in service then!

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

dmcc0

Interesting change of tone for this months Game Pass additions - some real kid-friendly titles in there including a Paw Patrol Game, Ben 10, Race with Ryan and Transformers Battlegrounds....oh, and Mortal Kombat 11 😂

dmcc0

Tasuki

Started watching Power On: The Story of Xbox on YouTube last night. A really good documentary on the history of the Xbox Console done really well. If you like documentaries or just gaming history this is a must watch

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Not that I'm particularly looking to upgrade right at the moment, but out of curiosity I always walk by the electronics section during my twice a month trip to Walmart to see if I can't get my first ever glimpse of either of the next gen systems in the wild, and today I noticed that they actually had a bunch of Series S consoles in stock.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@RR529
I think some peoples are smart enough to not consider Digital only machine.
They were thinking about long term satisfaction.
Digital only machine will be ended like PSP Go when the server get closed.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic