Forums

Topic: The "Free eShop Games" thread

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

SKTTR

I have Steredenn: Binary Stars and Bury me, my love from Plug In Digital.
Got The Next Penelope: Race to Odysseus for free.
Looks like a good one. Thanks! ^^

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SMUGSLOTH69

Random:I saw that this thread is called the free eshop games so would it be inappropriate if I asked for someone to friend me on Rogue Company,Overwatch,or Fortnite

SMUGSLOTH69

Switch Friend Code: SW-4788-2361-6990 | My Nintendo: SMUGSLOTHTM | Nintendo Network ID: dari208 | Twitter:

ralphdibny

Not going to do a mass tag for this but it looks like QUByte interactive had good uptake on their last 8p sale and they have a bunch more titles on sale for peanuts at the moment for another 4 days.

Looks like vasara collection is on sale from them too but I can't see how much for as i already have it because it's a flip grip game!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@rjejr @ThanosReXXX @WoomyNNYes urban flow is now showing up as free for me because I have paratopic or sniper scope. 1 day left to claim

Woomy I thought I'd tag you as you were interested in the 8p games before, detailed in the post above ^^^

Rejr and thanos, thought I'd tag as you were on the sniper scope bandwagon as well, though I see you already have urban flow thanos

Sorry, I didn't want to do a spammy mass tag for one free game so apologies if someone misses this post

See ya!

ThanosReXXX

@ralphdibny I actually bought Urban Flow to be able to download Sniper Scope for free already last time when this campaign was the exact opposite: buy Paratopia or Urban Flow, get Sniper Scope for free when it releases...

Urban Flow is a fun game, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

SKTTR

"60 Seconds! Reatomized" is free if you downloaded "60 Seconds!"
Sale ends 16th January 2021.

I recommend to download this if you have the old version, as it's basically a "glorified" update (that you have to pay for soon).

Here's what I found so far:

1. The most important thing: Yes! The controls are much better now. Sure, you could get used to the old convoluted way to play, but this here is reduced to the simplicity it needed. No more struggling to remember buttons for every menu, now it's the point & click it should have been from the very beginning.

2. The old version is 2,7GB and even though the new version is a more complete and much better package in every way it is just 406MB. They finally optimized it and cut away all unnecessary data (of which there was a ton). It frees up space on your Switch and it also means shorter loading times.

3. Instead of silence and a few event sound effects there's now a chill background track as the days in the shelter pass.

4. Overall better menu navigation and sharper graphics, more animation and sound effects. New events.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ralphdibny

I saw this article about the eshop having new rules that limit the discount that can be applied to games:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/switch_eshop_game_p...

I don't think I really understand it, does anyone know if there's any follow up to this article? Whether a date was put in place for these new rules to come in to place? There seems to be plenty of games under this price on the eshop now. I just don't know whether to pick up some games I'm on the fence about for a pound or two while they still can be discounted that much.

I'm sure there was another free game announced to be coming out after Xmas too, maybe it was delayed and I think it might have been a spin off to something. I can't really remember what it was supposed to be. I wonder how these rules might affect the release of that game.

See ya!

klingki

@ralphdibny I think free to play games are fine, so if the previously announced game was intended to be free to play, then there should be no problem. But games discounted to free (rather than free being their original price) would appear to be a no-no now.

I also am not sure I really understand this new rule. When I first read about it in another article a while back, I was under the impression that publishers can still discount games to whatever amount they want, but anything lower than $1.99 will not be eligible for the sales charts, so basically there is no longer any incentive to discount below $1.99. I could be wrong on this though, but basically if I ever see anything I want at $1.99 or below now, I just snap it up, because it's probably never going to go lower than that.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed in this decision. Yeah there is a lot of junk on the eShop, and constantly having to sift through shovelware on sale for pennies was annoying, but there were also some decent hidden gems that could be found for really cheap, and that won't really happen anymore. And I don't think this really gets to the root of the problem anyway, as now there is just going to be a flood of $1.99 garbage on the sale list all the time instead, and more and more of this shovelware is getting added to the eShop daily. The eShop is kind of like a mini Steam now. They either need to have stricter quality standards in allowing games on the platform, or create better sorting/filtering/discoverability options.

klingki

ralphdibny

@klingki it is confusing isn't it! The article only mentions one developer talking about it too so that doesn't exactly help. I think if it did only limit the ability to be on the Sales chart I think there's still be some, albeit less, incentive to discounting the games heavily - just to move inventory. I know they are digital games but I think there are still benefits to moving games cheaply such has selling more games at a cheaper price could make more money than selling one or two copies at a much higher price. It could also lead on to additional sales if you check out the publishers page and see something else you like. It also creates goodwill between the customer and the publisher.

I do wonder how many people actually fall for the sales chart trick though, i mean if you see something that's obviously shovelware on the top of the charts for 13.99, surely nobody actually buys it at that price! Also the charts aren't long enough for the amount of games some of these publishers put on sale at once!

You are definitely right about an overhaul to the eshop. I don't necessarily care what games are on sale and at what price, it's just that the eshop breaks if there is more than like 800 games on sale. You scroll down for ages looking at games and then all of a sudden it refuses to load any more. You know your at the end because the "Bundles" start to appear but that rarely happens for me any more. It was madness before the New Year when there were 1429 games on sale and once I think there was 1929 games on sale! I just wish they'd add pages to click through, even a 100 games on each page would only take 20 clicks to get through a 2000 game sale. I know you can look on the computer to see what games are on sale but I'd very much rather just pick the Switch off the bedside table and flick through the games on the eShop but it's basically impossible when there is a huge sale

See ya!

Okami1

how did I get here...

dysgraphia awareness human

Eel

@Kermit1 you clicked on the username on the first post of the Goodbye thread, and found all the orphaned threads. Then clicked this one because it says free games!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Okami1

@Eel this site goes deep

ya kinda btw

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@Eel Lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic