Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

zionich

@Tsurii All good lol. Mmmm nom noms.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich

zionich

@SamuraiPanda Make a room and throw me an invite if ya want to hunt.

JaxonH

New DLC is out, and it's a doozy!!! All G rank!

Raging Brachidios, can tell by turquoise symbol, Chaotic Gore Magala with different symbol, Savage Jho, new Ahtal-ka Quest, Shagaru Magala, Chameleos, Teostra, Nakarkos, Akantor, Ukanlos, Lao-Shan Lung, Alatreon, Fatalis, Crimson Fatalis, White Fatalis, and two 5-Monster quests, one with Hyper Rathalos, Hyper Tigrex, Hyper Nargacuga, Hyper Lagiacrus and Hyper Zinogre, and the other is Hyper Brachy, Hyper Gore, Hyper Steve, Hyper Glavenus and Valstrax.

They also added more XX Trials arena challenges- these have 9 faints and (I think) 2 players max, with a challenge quest for G rank Dreadqueen Rathian, one for Thunderlord Zinogre, Silverwind Nargacuga, Dreadking Rathalos, Grimclaw Tigrex, Elderfrost Gammoth, and a dual monster quest for Boltreaver Astalos and Soulseer Mizutsune, and a tri monster quest for Hellblade Glavenus, Bloodbath Diablos and Valstrax.

Item packs with loads of goodies, including gobs and gobs of Slickaxes!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

@Tsurii Its because I wasnt there =P

It actually felt a bit laggy when I was playing. Had loads of fun. Thanks yall.

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii Ha! I didn't see that one, but I've witnessed a few moments like that. xD

Oh, I'm so glad to hear you like playing EX quests! Because I have good news, I still need to finish most of mine. ^_^

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii No problem. I have a room open whenever you're ready.

FattyWhale_42

NEStalgia

I'm just noodling around in th8e "collect ferns" tutorial mission for now, but while not nearly as smooth and streamlined as World, and the map sections still irritate me to no end, I am amazed at how much more streamlined this game is from 4. I loved 3HU but 4 turned me off in a lot of ways. XX really puts things together as a good bridge between 3 and World, leaving some of the rigidity of 4 behind, IMO.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Its a huge step up from MH4U, and really does feel like the pinnacle of the classic series.

Download the MHGU DB app from Android or iOS. Everyone here seems to use it, me included. No more Kiranico for seeing key quests, armors and mats.

You can make wishlists and put an armor set on it, and click the Mats tab and see every mat needed to make the full set in one complete list, and it even lets you toggle how many of each mat you have to keep track of how many more you need, greying out once you have enough.

Its insanely awesome, all available offline and instantaneous. Its a must have for this game, and will make your experience SO much more enjoyable.

Be sure to download all the DLC and claim your item packs from your housekeeper (who you should totally change to Moga Sweetheart, btw). 2 pages of item packs. Hundreds of honeys, potions, max potions, slickaxes, armor spheres, etc.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

Tsurii wrote:

@FattyWhale_42 6/6 pieces done
Looking good, too.
TrueshotUp
Normal/RapidUp
Weakness Exploit
Critical Boost
Challenger+2

I can probably use this for some bow guns as well lel

Looks good!

Let me know if you want to hunt. I don't feel like looking for random rooms right now, but I'll hop online if someone wants to play. ^_^

FattyWhale_42

zionich

I need to finish this Souls run. Missing all the hunting goodness =*(

NEStalgia

So...mhw..... Are you seriously telling me that you can't play coop until after players have already completed the quest???

NEStalgia

MeatSauce

I saw this on sale in the eshop and I was tempted to buy but I’ve never played a monster hunter game

MeatSauce

zionich

@SamuraiPanda Lol.

@nestalgia You cant join people currently out in quest on their mission if that's what you are asking.

@meatsauce I think it's a great game!

Edited on by zionich

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, World......(darned caps on phones... )

I was intending to go through world before digging into XX, and went to do some coop. I heard that once you clear the jaggras quest it unlocks coop. Which it did..... but doesn't let you use it. I can't replay a quest I've already done (which seems weird for MH), and if I finish it and try to join with the other player that didn't finish it it tells me they haven't seen all the cutscenes yet and I have to wait. It's weird. If players that haven't completed it can't have people join in, and players that have completed it can't restart it, then that implies you can't coop it. So does that mean that only the "Optional" quests can have people join in? So far it only unlocked one optional for 1 star and 2 star. And they say completed but I haven't done them yet.... It's been 8 months, I doubt there's patches for that coming

@JaxonH You played World with your brother, right? How did you handle coop? Or get into each other's main missions? Maybe you can only coop to grind optionals? But that seems so un-MH.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii that's stupid. You really don't like world do you?

What don't you like about it other than the apparently broken online? The map is certainly better than the sectional maps, and elevation works much better. Jax says the wep moves are the same, but they seem entirely different to me...at least SA and GL (and ranged).

Yet co-op is broken... may push me to move to mhgu now anyway.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
They are the same, barring a few new moves.

Charge blade has like 2 new base moves. Aside from that its all identical. They didnt overhaul the movesets that have been staples of the series for generations. Thats not how new games work. Its still the same moveset. Its always the same moveset. You might get a new move or two but generally speaking, its still the same moveset.

You press X to attack in MHGU, its gonna do the exact same thing as Triangle in MH World. Press again and it does the exact same thing. String a combo and its the exact same combo. X+A does the exact same shield bash. The only difference is a sliding slash if you hold a direction when pressing X+A, and some SAED changes for the finishers. And a change was made to the way charged shield works. Aside from that, its the same. Well, there's the sliding hill attacks, and MHGU has arts, but those are low frequency use attacks.

If you arent recognizing 95% of the moves are identical then you probably need to play more MHGU and see for yourself. Open both games and while Switch is in handheld, do a move, then do it on Xbox or PS4. Its the same moves, barring the couple additions.

Any player can pick up any weapon from either game and know the movesets from the other game.

As for online...

Online wasnt broken in World, but it was a worse experience than MHGU, for reasons stated above. Because it didnt bring you back to the guild hall, nobody used it. So nobody ever saw anyone else between quests. It was lonely. And 16 players meant everyone was doing their own thing, locking quests so no one else could join. SOS was neat though.

Biggest issue was no separate MP questline like MHGU, which forced story/optional quests for MP, but you couldnt progress together if there was a cut scene. So ya, it's pretty much optional quests-
we didnt even attempt to play story quests together. It is indeed very un-MH like. I prefer a separate MP questline in a hub like MHGU, but if they're going to get rid of that, at least make story quests during cutscenes co-op friendly.

I know why they did it. They didnt want someone to get carried the entire game, and forces you to do quests solo and advance by skill.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic