Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,990

CanisWolfred

^I second Zezzy. If you want to play online, which is where MK is at its best, you should probably get the one most people are playing.

SuperLink wrote:

I'm really interested in getting The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mariokart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. I only have enough money to buy one.

I just need some opinions of people that might have made this decision before, or people who already have this game and wished they'd have gotten another. Note, that I do not have ANY games specifically made for the 3DS, which is why I'm kind of leaning toward one of the 3DS game right now, yet Skyward Sword is a game that I've been drooling over for such a long time, plus is looks like a freakin' awesme Zelda game. So please, if you could just guide me in some direction so that my decision making process will be a little easier on my brain. Thank you.

Skyward Swords' the most bang for your buck, plus it's usually best to play a game when you're hyped for it anyways.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CorporalPegasus

I have a coupon of €60,- wich ich wanna spend, was thinking of UMvC3 for PS3 since i don't own the original. Or maybe Sonic Generations or Cave Story 3D(my computer sucks) for the 3DS. Opninions please.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

CanisWolfred

If you have a 3DS, you can get Cave Story from the eShop. If you have a PS3, you'd be better off getting Sonic Generation for that, and even if you already have that version, I'd still advise you go with something else. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom isn't a bad choice by any means, though, especially if you like fast-paced fighting games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CorporalPegasus

GundamMac wrote:

If you have a 3DS, you can get Cave Story from the eShop. If you have a PS3, you'd be better off getting Sonic Generation for that, and even if you already have that version, I'd still advise you go with something else. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom isn't a bad choice by any means, though, especially if you like fast-paced fighting games.

Okay...thanks, but Cave Story is not availible on DSiWare in europe, thanks anyway. Think i'l go with UMvC3.

IGOR!

TheKingOfTown

Does anyone know a good PS mini for PS3 that is 3 bucks or less?

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown

Anyone?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

TheKingOfTown

I already have that.

FonistofCruxis

GundamMac wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

This is for someone at college. He's looking for a 360 JRPG that isn't as long as most JRPGS.

Star Ocean 4 is only 30 or 40 hours long.

Thanks, I'll mention that to him then.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

TheKingOfTown

Okay. I already have A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks and Angry Birds (regrettable).
Does anyone have any PS Minis that they recommend?
It also has to be 3 dollars or less.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

tapirtoon

Should I get Super Mario 2 or Super Mario Land? Which game is better?

tapirtoon

bub166

tapirtoon wrote:

By Super Mario 2, do you mean Super Mario Land 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2? If you mean Land, then definitely the second. You'll get the same answer from almost anyone. If you mean Bros., that's kind of a hard one. I didn't like SMB 2 much, but it is one of the more central games, and if you haven't played it, you have nothing to lose.

I'm at a stop in several categories. Next summer, I'm going to be getting my first real job, and I want to make one of three major purchases: Wii U, laptop, or HD television. I have a Wii (and XBOX 460, which is why the HD TV would benefit), a crappy desktop, and a giant CRT right now. All of them would be worthy upgrades. There are games and books I would want too, so I only plan to get one of those things.

Closer than that, though, is my birthday. I'm not sure if I should ask for Mass Effect 3 and XBOX Live Gold, or a 3DS game (probably Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, or MGS3), some Nintendo points, and more Gold. Posting on a Nintendo website, I already know that the answer would probably be the second option for most people. If so, though, which would you suggest over the others from what we now know?

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

tapirtoon

bub166 wrote:

tapirtoon wrote:

By Super Mario 2, do you mean Super Mario Land 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2?

I meant Super Mario Brothers 2. What are the pros and cons of each game?

tapirtoon

CorporalPegasus

Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't really a mario game. Its still pretty fun tough.
Super Mario Land is basicly a mini version of Super Mario Bros..

IGOR!

turtlelink

I know they're not out yet, but I'm not sure if I should get Soul Calibur 5 or the new SSX. I'm a fan of both series (Loved SS3 and still play SC2 every now and than) but I'm just not sure which to get. Been watching a live commentary of Soul Calibur 5 and it looks fantastic. I also know my best friend is getting SSX so I'm gonna want that too.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

bub166

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't really a mario game. Its still pretty fun tough.
Super Mario Land is basicly a mini version of Super Mario Bros..

Kind of this. Although Super Mario Land is still very different from most Mario platformers, with things like plane flying and bouncy ball launching. Super Mario Bros 2 is a good, albeit slightly evil game, that is Mario only in name and genre. In fact, it's hardly that, because it's really just a reskin of an unpopular Japanese game. If you label yourself a Mario fan, you should definitely get it as soon as possible. It's probably my least favorite, but it's one of the main Mario games. That is reason enough to play it, even though it technically isn't Mario.

There are these flying mask things that are incredibly annoying, if you play the NES version you only have a few continues before having to restart the game (and it's not exactly hard to die in this game), you can not stomp enemies to death (rather, you jump on their head and pull them up to be thrown as a projectile, along with vegetables), and the bosses can be hard.

Of course, if you like old school games, which you seem to, you should not at all be unfamiliar with any of those elements, barring maybe the vegetable and enemy throwing. It also feels more fleshed out as a game, unlike Super Mario Land, which is practically over before it starts, with no real landmark moments other than the fact that you are playing Mario on a handheld, which is nothing special now. The second one is amazing, even now. If you have and enjoy the second one, you really have nothing to lose getting the first game. But don't expect it to be better, for it is far worse in both content and enjoyment. Good, but bad in comparison to its sequel, in short.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

RevolverLink

Has anyone had a chance to play Rhythm Heaven Fever yet? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy that or No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (although I do plan on picking up both eventually).

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic