Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 13,361 to 13,380 of 96,541

mystman12

I loved Sonic 3 & Knuckles! Sonic 2... I played it once, eventually got a game over, haven't touched it since. I just didn't find it nearly as good as 3&K, I really don't understand how some people like 2 better than it.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

We're talking about Sonic/SEGA? Awesome!

I prefer Sonic 3 & Knuckles over Sonic 2, but both are still great games. I'm still a modern Sonic fan; the faster, the better!

I've only played Jet Set Radio on my phone, but from what I've played, I really liked it! Wouldn't mind getting another Jet Set game someday.

Speaking of SEGA, too, the two series that I want revived most are Skies of Arcadia and Billy Hatcher! Especially Arcadia, one of the best games I've played!

Forgot my Sonic faves:
1)Unleashed
2)Adventure 2 Battle
3)Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
4)Adventure
5)Sonic and the Black Knight

Honorable mention: Sonic Riders

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

NintendoFan64

Oh boy, looks like it's a Sonic/Sega discussion! Alright, might as well start with Sonic: there are a few I enjoyed. There's the Genesis ones, obviously (though after revisiting 1 and 2 with the 3D Classics series, I didn't really think they were as good as I remembered), I enjoyed the Adventure games (QUALITY voice acting there), I remember liking Heroes, though I haven't played it in years, there's CD which is great, the Rush games, the Advance games, Colors, Generations, there's a lot I enjoyed. Heck, I even enjoyed Lost World! However, little me was a bit of an idiot...younger me enjoyed Sonic R (CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE!?), I thought that Shadow the Hedgehog was awesome...now I can look back at that damn game, think about how stupid the damn concept was (why did they give Shadow a damn gun?), and laugh at how damn hard Sega tried to be edgy. As for other Sega games, my experience doesn't really go beyond the Genesis era (Genesis was also my first videogame console ever...nice), but they're pretty good. I also have a couple of games on my Steam account that I haven't tried yet (Hell Yeah and Jet Set Radio)...I need to get back to my backlog. I also liked playing House of the Dead in the arcades (yet another example of perfect voice acting).
Edit: Almost forget: the Sonic Twitter account is a work of art and deserves to be treated as such.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Blue_Blur

@NintendoFan64: lol with the Shadow quote reference! Also, I guess you could say Sonic R and Can You Feel the Sunshine really brightened up your day. I'm sorry... really bad joke!

@PikminFan22: Yeah, I got Jet Set a long time ago. I don't think SEGA upgraded it to a recent iOS, since whenever it tap on it, it crashes. That's been happening for quite some time, actually. Probably because they took it off the store then! XD

And I forgot about Sonic Heroes! I loved the team mechanic, and I loved how it had so many different characters available. I didn't mind Lost World, either. Not the best Sonic game, but definitely not the worst!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

BurningSonic

We saying are favorite Sonic Games?
1.) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
2.) Sonic Colors
3.) Sonic Heroes
4.) Sonic Unleashed
5.) Sonic Rush
Also want to point out I loved Sonic R.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

FriedSquid

@Blue_Blur I'm trying to understand how you could have possibly played JSR on a phone and enjoyed it... But I would go ahead and get JSR on Steam when you get the chance, it's well worth it and you will probably like it even more.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

veeflames

Wow. What a turnaround (looks like it, anyway) Finally, we can start talking positives about Sonic and Sega! Here are my highlights:
1. Sonic Heroes (yeah yeah. I loved it. Come at me)
2. Sonic Colors (pretty solid Sonic game, IMO. The music is top notch as well)
3. Sonic Advance 3. Do yourself a favor and play this game if you haven't already.
4. Sonic Adventure 2... No, not Battle. The Chaos one. Yeah, that one.
5. Sonic the Hedgehog. Nothing like the classics!
I also like the spinoffs, such as Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, the Storybook series (well, to an extent), Brotherhood, Mario and Sonic and even Sonic Battle. Gosh, Battle was amazing. I wonder why Sega hasn't continued on that formula.
As for Sega, my favorite Sega series is probably Super Monkey Ball! I'm such a sucker for charming, puzzle games (not that SMB is much of a puzzler, though). And man, do the games deliver! And who doesn't like Jet Set Radio? I'll be honest, though. I didn't really click into it after not playing the game for a long time. The music is still as excellent as ever, that being said.
Yeah, Sega is amazing. Even though they have been releasing games of questionable quality recently, I still think they're one of the top third party companies out there!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blue_Blur

@FriedSquid: Well, I don't use Steam, and don't have any SEGA consoles, so it was my only option... with limited options, you kinda have to like it! XD Thanks for the recommendation, though. If I ever do decide to use Steam, I'll definitely look into JSR.

@Pikminfan22: And I just checked SMB: Bounce and SMB2 on my phone... they took those off, as well! SEGA really needs to bring them back! XD

My favorite SEGA app is definitely Sonic Runners. Best app game I've played! It's really fun, and it isn't required to make any purchase whatsoever to fully enjoy the game. Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Sonic Dash, and the Rayman apps are quite fun, as well.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

NintendoFan64

TomJ wrote:

Something I've been thinking about for a while, if an official action-platformer Mario v Sonic crossover was to happen, what do you think should be done in terms of gameplay for it to make sense? There needs to be a way to make Mario match Sonic's speed if they were to fight (but not to the point where they end up turning Mario into a Sonic clone), and the story can be Bowser and Eggman as villains, but it needs to be an actual story with development and arc, not contrivances and conveniences.

I'd imagine that they'd just do something like Generations and give both of them their own levels in their own gameplay styles. Or, y'know...they can just make it a sports title, and have them compete in the Olympic games!...It's been nearly ten years, and that crossover series still makes zero sense.

Blue_Blur wrote:

@NintendoFan64: lol with the Shadow quote reference! Also, I guess you could say Sonic R and Can You Feel the Sunshine really brightened up your day. I'm sorry... really bad joke!

Untitled

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

RR529

In terms of my favorite Sonic games.

5. Sonic 3D Blast
4. Sonic Heroes
3. Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
2. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
1. Sonic 2

I've only included games I've completed, and yeah, even out of the above, I'd only recommend the top 3.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

@RR529: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle......that game had the longest replay value I ever had played in Sonic games. Getting all the emblems was worth getting to unlock that special level.

But I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Rush series nor the Advance ones either. I thought those games are solid.

One thing I will say, Sonic easily has more memorable music compared to Mario even though i'm more of a Mario fan than I am of Sonic.

Recently, I hate the way they made Knuckles more of an idiot than a real tough guy.....and I don''t think we'll ever see the cool Knuckles ever.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

So I need to get some internet service. Time Warner is looking decent. I don't have any experience with them, how are they?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whopper744

Called Nintendo. Apparently the points given out yo previous Club Nintendo members were choosen at random. I am the only person I know that didn't get it and I was a member from the start, platinum several years. Nice. Also forgot to preregister wife for Miitomo.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Rumorlife

@Whopper744: Wait, you mean those things they emailed people saying "yay you were once a Club Nintendo member! Here's some platinum coins" weren't sent to everyone and they were random points? I've seen almost nobody talk about this anyway and I forgot it was even a thing until I checked my email and got 200pts. That's dumb if it was random both for who got it and the points we get...

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Whopper744

@Dankykong: Apparently. I thought they were all 200 too. My own long time loyalty didnt pay off for this.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Rumorlife

Oh, it was 200, I thought it was 250 for some reason.
Well nonetheless, that's still weird they rewarded people at random.

Rumorlife

veeflames

I haven't gotten the 200 coins email, either. How annoying. Even more so that the codes are distributed randomly...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ArabPikachu

Megumi wrote:

Wait, you've been here for a while? Why you no have your own profile pic and stuff yet? xD
Haven't seen you in a while even on Unity. (that place is dead anyways)

I don't know what to use as a profile pic on nintendolife; when someone like me is taking classes in college and online, there isn't as much as time to be on Capcom Unity. I'll have more time to be on Capcom Unity when that's finished and Capcom hires me.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Joeynator3000

I left Capcom Unity anyways, it's dead...the random thread died, the forum staff died...yeah. lol
Nintendo Life is all I have now.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic