Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 6,549

Fizza

Bunkerneath wrote:

Watched Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga again, god its stupid, but Will Farrell really understands how it works

the what.

I've never heard of that before, what is it exactly?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Fizza It's another Will Farrell Formulaic goofy movie like Blades Of Glory or Talladega Nights but with singing at Eurovision instead of cars or skating.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@Bunkerneath That looks madcap as all hell and I love it. The casting seems weird for this kind of thing (if they had to do a non-Icelandic actor, why not make them British or something instead of blatantly American?) but they pull off the roles pretty well all things considered from the bits I've seen. They even managed to bring in Graham Norton! That's some great attention to detail. I'll have to give this a watch at some point in the future, should be a fun time with my family.

Also, the father is Pierce Brosnan isn't it? That's who he reminds me of at least.

Bunkerneath

@Fizza The cast works really well, and the whole thing is so over the top and so Eurovision they must of had quite a bit of fun creating it and with all the little details and cameos just makes it funny.

And yes it is Pierce Brosnan

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Fizza

@Bunkerneath You've actually just reminded me of something we used to do for Eurovision back in 2015: back then, my family and all their relations got together in our house and we all pulled country names out of a hat and whoever's country won got €50 cash. I'm pretty sure it was one of my cousins who won it in the end but I'd love to do it again once they who shall not be named goes away.

XandertheWise

@Rambler yes Rambler I know that Bruce Campbell and David Carradine are in Waxwork II. ive seen the movie.

They still dont make the movie any better. the movie is a boring piece of crap.

Waxwork 1 is better by itself

XandertheWise

jump

This is such an odd forum. The auto-filter wont allow me to say harmless words like ***dumpster or ****rag or ****weed or shroom***** or ***bucket or ******sniffer or baby****** but saying crap is allowed though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Okami1

@jump I'm watching everything but superhero films right now, I skipped doctor strange because I thought it looked meh, and now I might skip the new Thor. Here's my most anticipated film and TV list (as of now)

1. Paddington 3

2. Wonka

3. Grand Tour (probably the last episodes)

4. Jim Henson doc (by Ron Howard)

5. Weird

(it doesn't really prove much, but that's what I'm looking forward to see)

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

@jump
Ooh yeah, police story 3, great film as well
I was gonna say something about the marvel films having a bit of prestige casting, but with also appearing in Bond and ST (& avatar) she's probably having fun (and money). All power to her - she's great in everything she's in.

@Fizza - you say you're being sarcastic, but I'm sure maximum entropy will be reached before the end of the avatar saga

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Huh, I didn't realise the auto-filter works on political figures too. Let's try an experiment...Prince ****** is a sweaty *****. Yep, it blocks that out too.

@Kermit1 Just because this is a British site don't feel the need to pretend to like Grand Tour! Most people here think Jeremy Clarkson is a fool and we sincerely apologize about him.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Clarkson gets through the filter!!!

Rambler

Sunsy

Recently watched a couple of movies, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 and 2, and Trolls because I felt like watching a favorite of mine. Just want to say, I'm not really into superheroes, always been a cute cartoon kind of guy, with that said, I haven't seen many Marvel movies aside from the old Spider-Man trilogy.

What made me want to watch Guardian of the Galaxy, I just enjoy sci-fi space themed stuff, after watching both, I absolutely loved it to the point, I'm now considering trying the video game. It was exciting, there was quite a bit that made me laugh. Now looking forward to Vol 3.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

XandertheWise

im watching Scream 3 with the commentary track on to get the bad taste of Waxwork II out of my mouth .

that or watch some other old horror movie to find on Tubi

XandertheWise

Okami1

@jump I really like the Grand Tour and Top Gear... I watch them for James May anyway....

why do you as a "country" dislike him?

Edited on by Okami1

Okami1

Queen Elizabeth, controls a part Canada

edit the filter does not work for me or do I have to be rude...

Edited on by Okami1

jump

@Kermit1 he’s just a bigoted idiot. For example he was famously fired from Top Gear as he wanted a steak but they didn’t have one so he decided to attack the shows producer whilst calling him an “Irish c**t’ which is of course the most obvious and easiest way of getting a steak.

His run as a columnist on The Sun was unbearable too. Lots of stuff about gays ruining society, campaigned to have the Welsh language banned, he talked about how he wanted to have people who strike to be murdered in front of their families etc.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Okami1

@jump ok... I thought he was joking... Calls James May, I'm a bigger fan of you now Mr. May...

Edited on by Okami1

jump

@Kermit1 You thought Jeremy Clarkson was joking when he started hitting people beause he wanted a steak?

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic