We first heard about this one back in July, learning about the game's intriguing plot. After a murder takes place, the three prime suspects are all tarot readers who have the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s up to you, as the player, to find out what else they know, but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone. Luckily, your shapeshifting ability means that you can be anyone you want to be - even the next victim.
If you need a bit more of a reminder, or are just hearing about this one for the first time, this handy feature list should get you up to speed.
- 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
- Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
- Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
- In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
- Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
- Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
- Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
- Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
- Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path.
The in-game radio station (mentioned in that list above) has now been confirmed to feature two new guest stars - YouTube gaming personality, Jesse Cox, and video game designer and producer, Chris Jones. You can check out the full cast here.
The Shapeshifting Detective will launch on Nintendo Switch on 6th November, available directly from the eShop for £9.99 / $12.99 / €12.99. Pre-orders are set to go live on 23rd October.
Do you like full motion video games? Will you be giving this one a try next month? Tell us below with a comment.