- Release Date
- 20th Oct 2003 (USA)
- 31st Oct 2003 (UK/EU)
- 18th Dec 2003 (JPN)
About This Game
From the team that brought you breakout console arcade style hits SSX and SSX Tricky, we present SSX3 - an all new full mountain experience. Conquer this monumental peak by carving it up where you want, when you want, and how you want.
SSX3 raises the bar with a variety of all new open mountain experiences. Over the top Race competitions, dedicated Freestyle events, unique Big Challenges, and pristine Backcountry areas. SSX3 is the ultimate ride.
With almost 2 years crafting the SSX3 sequel the team has managed to both preserve and improve the core experience by adding loads of new experiences and ways to play. Buckle up your bindings as a returning veteran or keen new rookie. Get ready to take on other riders - and the biggest challenge yet - the Mountain itself.
- Open Mountain Environment: Get dropped onto the lower peak of the biggest mountain you've ever seen. You'll seamlessly board from one awesome area to the next - entering competitions, taking on Big Challenges, and discovering hidden collectables. Master the Challenges on all three peaks in your quest to Conquer the Mountain... and make it your own.
- Characters: SSX3 has four new rivals joining six returning SSX Tricky characters. Mac, Elise, Zoe, Moby, Psymon, and Kaori are back. They are joined by the crazy Swede Viggo, mountain man Nate, 12 year old phenom Griff, and the ultra hot, ultra talented Allegra.
- Rich, Natural Graphics: SSX3 boasts amazing graphics like incredibly detailed shadows and snow that sparkles, reflects light, and even blows in the wind. These are just some of the rich environmental details created by an Oscar nominated, Hollywood visual effects wiz. The amazing visuals will come together to totally immerse the user in the SSX3 world.
- More Tricks: The tricks are completely blown out in SSX3. There is a collection of new Uber Tricks where users can combo and hold. Not only will SSX3 have the addition of specific Uber tricks on rails, users will even be able to perform hand plants. With the new board press tricks, gamers can extend a combo string - forever!
- Soundtrack: An adrenaline charged soundtrack that promises to be one of the game industry's best yet - featuring a braod range of music from such artists as the Chemical Bros., the Executioners, the Red Hot Chili Peppers - and many more.
- Play How You Want: With SSX3, users will be able to choose how they play - and how they progress. Users will have the option of competing in a variety of events (Race, Big Air, Slope Style, and Super Pipe) or at the last minute opting to take off and freeride.
- Big Challenges: Take on any number of unique challenges as you explore the extent of the mountain world. Grind billboards, board press logs, even hand plant the fence line. There are over 100 challenges that will have you trying again and again.
- Customization and Rewards: SSX3 has also expanded the character customization and rewards system. You'll earn medals and trophies to fill up your trophy room, level up your riders' abilities through a deeper attribute system, and even rename the peaks as you master them. Along with characters being fully customizable (including over the top cheats to equip them with) you can customize your personal play list - and much more.