Famitsu's Japanese chart figures are in for the week ending 24th October, and they reflect a relatively quiet week in terms of software.
The only new entry in the top 10 is Blue Reflection: Second Light, which has a PS4 version in 2nd and the Switch iteration in 7th. The first two places are both PS4 titles, but then the top 10 is all Nintendo Switch. There are quite a few evergreen titles, while Metroid Dread sales more than halved to see it drop to 4th this week.
An interesting note is Ring Fit Adventure rising up to third place (it was 12th last week), with its sales up by around a third. It's truly become a notable and consistent success on Switch, bringing back memories of the continued demand for Wii Fit two generations ago.
Below is the top ten (first numbers are this week's estimated sales, followed by total sales):
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex, 10/14/21) – 15,996 (110,845)
- [PS4] Blue Reflection: Second Light (Koei Tecmo, 10/21/21) – 14,048 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 10,155 (2,879,734)
- [NSW] Metroid Dread (Nintendo, 10/08/21) – 9,999 (119,018)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 9,360 (4,469,716)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,695 (4,103,819)
- [NSW] Blue Reflection: Second Light (Koei Tecmo, 10/21/21) – 8,380 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,306 (2,243,119)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 6,581 (6,909,879)
- [NSW] Pokémon Sword and Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 6,280 (4,169,875)
In the hardware charts the positions remain largely the same with the latest Switch OLED Model leading the way. In a sign that its sales are a reflection of supply struggling to meet demand it shifted nearly double the units of last week, so Nintendo evidently got a bit more stock out to stores. In any case the Switch family continues to lead the way.
- Switch OLED Model – 61,169 (242,072)
- Switch – 38,658 (17,267,673)
- PlayStation 5 – 11,526 (951,035)
- Switch Lite – 8,295 (4,106,660)
- Xbox Series S – 3,815 (45,675)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2,754 (182,857)
- PlayStation 4 – 462 (7,814,542)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 449 (1,175,772)
- Xbox Series X – 74 (64,992)
Let us know what you think of the results in the comments.