If you're a fan of Metroidvanias, you might want to keep an eye out for Inexistence Rebirth when it launches on the Switch eShop next month.
Developed and published by Clickteam, the game is said to let players "explore a vast world full of mysteries and action." The team notes that it was inspired by the 16-bit classics of the genre, and this Switch release marks the first time it's arrived on console following a launch on PC last summer.
Here's an official description:
Hald and his sister were chosen by the gods to be "Keepers". Their shared duty is to maintain order and balance in the world, but peace was not something everyone desired.
Claos, a man filled with dark purpose, decides to plunge Hald's sister in a deep slumber and break the balance. Hald begins his quest to find Claos and break the spell – throwing him into a vast world full of mystery and danger...
- Many varied places, in a pixel art style worthy of the great hits of the 16-bit era.
- RPG Elements enabling customize the stats and equipment of heroes, and get new abilities as you go
- Varied bestiary, with imposing bosses
- Many annex quests and hidden places
- Multiple difficulty levels.
Inexistence Rebirth launches on 11th June and will be priced at $8.99 / £6.79.
Do you think it has potential? Are you considering giving it a go? Let us know in the comments.