The World Ends With You was a bit of a cult hit back in the DS days, which is why it was such good news when the smart device iteration was improved and ported to Nintendo Switch as The World Ends With You: Final Remix. Square Enix gave the quirky premise a chance to find a bigger audience, and evidently it worked.
As promised last week, new information was revealed before the anime series premiered, and it's big news. NEO: The World Ends With You launches on Switch on 27th July, so it'll be a potential summer hit to immerse ourselves in. Check out the new trailer below.
There will be a physical edition available from the official Square Enix store, and those that get it in the first month of sale (before 26th August) will get the following items.
- “Mutation” (Badge) – Effect: Gradually restores Team HP while holding the button.
- “Koumokuten” (Fashion Item) – Ability: Significantly increases HP.
- “Twister -NEO MIX-” (CD) – Effect: Can set the background music of the menu screen to “Twister -NEO MIX-.”
Those who opt for the eShop version before 26th August will get the “Legendary Threads Set,” with items that should prove useful as you get started.
- Legendary Headphones – Ability: Increases damage dealt to enemies with less damage taken.
- Legendary Off Turtleneck – Ability: Significantly increases damage dealt by attacks.
- Legendary Shorts – Ability: Shortens down time.
- Legendary Sneakers – Ability: Increases movement speed in battle.
- Legendary Audio Player – Ability: Hugely increases HP.
So there you have it; are you excited about NEO: The World Ends With You, and are you planning to pick it up on Switch?