In what was a blockbuster end to today's Indie Showcase, Nintendo revealed that smash-hit online multiplayer game Among Us will be launching on Nintendo Switch. Oh, and it'll be available later today!
That's right, one of 2020's most popular games will be playable on your beloved Switch very, very soon indeed, with cross-platform play fully supported. If you've somehow missed the hype surrounding the game this year, here's a quick rundown of what to expect:
- Win by completing tasks to prepare the ship or ejecting all Impostors.
- React quickly to undo the Impostor's sabotages.
- Check the Admin map and Security cameras to keep tabs on other Crewmates.
- Report any dead bodies immediately to start discussion of who the suspected Impostor is.
- Call emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behavior.
- Vote to eject suspected Impostors.
Essentially, the game has you trying to figure out which of your friends is a secret imposter. You'll need to work together to complete tasks on a spaceship before the imposter sabotages or takes out the other players.
While not available to purchase at the time of writing, the official Nintendo UK website shows that Among Us will cost Switch owners £3.89, just under the £3.99 asking price on Steam. No such pricing has been revealed just yet for the US, so it'll be interesting to see if it also manages to undercut the PC asking price worldwide.
Feeling ready to kick out imposters on Switch? Share your excitement with us in the comments below.