The European physical release of Switch indie hit Hollow Knight has been delayed, Fangamer has confirmed. The North American release is still launching as expected.
The news comes from Fangamer's official Twitter account, which notes that both the physical release of the game in Europe and the worldwide physical release for PS4 have been delayed from the original 31st May date to 28th June.
Fangamer notes that you can contact them at '[email protected]' if you have any questions, or that you should go directly to your store of choice if you ordered elsewhere.
If you're still yet to pre-order your own copy, you can do so right here. All physical editions include a manual and fold-out map of Hallownest, and the collector's edition also comes with the following:
- Metal brooch with display stand, wall hook, and dual-pronged fastener
- 14-page Quirrel comic book
- Gift-box-style case with gold-foil filigree and a clear printed sleeve
- Gold-foil art print set by Ari Gibson
- Physical copy of the game on your choice of platform including all DLC: Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe, Lifeblood, and Godmaster.
- Nintendo Switch copies of the Collector’s Edition include a bonus cleaning cloth
Has the delay impacted you at all? Are you still looking forward to getting your hands on a physical copy of the game? Let us know in the comments.