As you're likely already aware, the My Nintendo loyalty programme is now live, and it's all rather exciting. It's possible to pick up some early Platinum Points right off the bat, and Europeans can also grab their copy of Flipnote Studio 3D. Just head to the official website and login with your Nintendo Account.
An interesting detail is in the pricing of rewards and those all important Gold Points - these are earned through buying games on the Wii U or 3DS eShop. Some of the rewards are a little 'cheaper' than in Japan, and the key details are the brackets below that earn you these Gold Points; we've included the UK and US prices.
- $5 to $9.99 / £4.50 to £8.99 = 10 Gold Coins
- $10 to $19.99 / £9 to £17.99 = 20 Gold Coins
- $20 to $29.99 / £18 to £24.99 = 30 Gold Coins
- $30 to $39.99 / £25 to £29.99 = 40 Gold Coins
- $40 to $49.99 / £30 to £34.99 = 50 Gold Coins
- $50 to $59.99 / £35 to £39.99 = 60 Gold Coins
- $60 to $69.99 / £40 to £49.99 = 70 Gold Coins
- $70 or more / £50 or more = 80 Gold Coins
Quite how we're supposed to hit the very highest bracket is a mystery, as the eShop processes individual purchases - presumably some pricey and special downloads with higher prices are in our future.
We'll be looking at the economy of My Nintendo later today, but in the meantime let us know what you think of the Gold Point system.