423 Blocked

You have been blocked for security reasons. This server understood your request, but will not service any requests from your IP address.

function checkViewport () { if (document.cookie.match(/device=desktop/) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Safari/i) && !navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) && navigator.userAgent.match(/Version\/(13|14|15)/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i) && screen.width >= 800 && screen.width > screen.height && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Mobile/i)) || (screen.width > window.innerWidth && screen.width > 800 && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Android|iPhone/i))) { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content","width=1275"); } else { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content",document.getElementById("viewport").getAttribute("data-original")); }}; checkViewport(); window.addEventListener('resize', checkViewport);if (!document.documentElement.matches('.light, .dark')) { if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: dark)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('dark'); } else if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: light)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('light'); } }

Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 16,301 to 16,309 of 16,309

VoidofLight

Given how Sony handled the PS5, I was definitely not getting a PS6 whenever that comes out. Now with the death of physical medium, I'm going to stick to PC- where I actually have a way around it, rather than tying myself down to an ecosystem from a company that rips away digital ownership of movies.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

I still enjoy my PS5 Fat machine with my lovely PS4 & PS5 games despite knowing Sony will discontinue physical games by January 2028.
I still like their machines until PS5.
I will not getting PS6 as my bunch of PlayStation 1 - 5 games are enough to entertain me.

Kickboxing Cat.
Meow...!

Magician

Sitting here watching Gamescom, Ananta looks like a good time.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,612 games (as of October 2nd, 2026)
Switch 2 Physical Collection - 5 games (as of September 20th, 2026)

kkslider5552000

Until/unless it is reversed, I am going to be regularly reminded that my interest in buying FFVII Remake/s, the game/s I've maybe wanted to play the most this decade but was waiting for a chance to justify getting a PS5 so they could all be on one system, has been severely hurt by recent news. The cost of PS5 rising and the disc situation has nearly destroyed my interest in Playstation as a brand.

Like maybe in 2034 when Ps5 is affordable, I'll either hope physical discs are still a viable purchase from somewhere, in some way, that will be affordable without cutting into my most wanted Nintendo games or the like or just heavily rely on sales that hopefully still exist for an all digital one just to get the handful of games that would otherwise run worse and require more storage purchases on Nintendo (among a handful of exclusives). Maybe.

And every time I am reminded of FFVIIR or PS5, I will be reminded that one part of gaming has been essentially taken away from me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dotanuki

I hope, i don't open a can of worms here... But i am so disappointed that Wolverine Game turned out terrible... :/ I was so looking forward to it. I am not a Playstation fan, but i could totally even get a new laptop to play Wolverine on Steam, if it lived up to the Expectations. :/

[Edited by Dotanuki]

Dotanuki

kkslider5552000

That Wolverine game is one of those if I played, I assume I would enjoy fine. But I would not be able to defend how embarrassing it is compared to most games with actual good gameplay mechanics and the tiniest respect for the player. Like I've not seen any reasonable defense of it even by the people who genuinely like it. I guess in that way it is kinda like their Pokemon S/V, it can be both enjoyable and partially undefendable. As someone who also liked Star Fox remake ver. 3 aka Zero and didn't hate every part of Sticker Star and Other M, I understand this.

It feels like the new version of those 7th gen FPS that hate exploration or being too out there or exciting from a gameplay perspective. I played Resistance 2 this year, which is in fact, an Insomniac game, and I think it is the same thing for a different era. Great devs, you can tell at points by parts of the game, but what its going for is so inherently mid and safe that it can risk completely overshadowing any of its strengths. (especially since I played Doom Eternal around the same time, as dramatic a contrast in genre as it gets)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FishyS

As a game, I feel like it's defensible. Especially since some of the hint things people complain about are settings you can turn off.

What is not defensible is the fact that the game cost 300 million dollars to make and ended up that quality.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Dotanuki

Playstation should produce a new hand held. PSP was cool.

Dotanuki

Magician

Gamestop are offering $800 for a used PS5 Pro in an effort to flip them in $1,400 bundles in anticipation of GTA VI. This reminds me of the XC on Wii situation, where GS was selling copies for $90. Oh Gamestop.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/gamestop_accused_of...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,612 games (as of October 2nd, 2026)
Switch 2 Physical Collection - 5 games (as of September 20th, 2026)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic