Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 11,561 to 11,580 of 15,873

Giancarlothomaz

@KilloWertz Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 don't need a huge marketing push behind the game, is a Legend of Zelda for Hylia sake, everyone know how a Legend of Zelda game play, i don't expect significant changes from Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild to it sequel.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

westman98

Some of you have it all wrong: the bigger and more high-profile the game, the more marketing build-up it will receive, not less.

Breath of the Wild will very likely be Nintendo's biggest game ever in scope and scale - expect it to have a huge marketing cycle.

westman98

Bolt_Strike

@westman98 Exactly. It's a huge investment in scope and scale, the IP itself is popular, and it's a sequel to a game that was an utter phenomenon. They want the game to sell extremely well (like, if they don't get at least 10-15 million in sales that would probably be a disappointment to Nintendo), and for them to do that, they're going to need to invest more in marketing than the average game. This is the main reason why I think we need to hear something soon, if it's still on track for early 2023, that push has to start soon. They're not going to get huge sales numbers by being quiet until the last few months before release, this is a game they need to start talking about 6 months out.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

westman98

@Bolt_Strike
Even 10-15 million sales for BOTW2 would be seen as a big disappointment given that the first game is approaching 30 million copies sold.

If a Direct is planned for September, either BOTW2 is getting shown off or the game is getting delayed again.

westman98

SladeWatkins

westman98 wrote:

Breath of the Wild will very likely be Nintendo's biggest game ever in scope and scale - expect it to have a huge marketing cycle.

100% agree. Just look at BOTW1 and how much marketing that got. Their E3 booth was themed after it, and the budget was clearly enormous.

I'm an independent journalist and researcher that covers Nintendo, but I am by no means affiliated with this site. All opinions shared are mine.

Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@westman98 Maybe. But BotW also caught fire at the right time and sequels on the same hardware always tend to sell less. I'm being a bit conservative, yeah, but the point is to even get into that range they'll need a big marketing push.

They pretty much have to say something by September either way, either give us the goods on the game or announce another delay.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@westman98 That is what the debate is all about, whether there will be a general Direct in September or will Nintendo pull a repeat of this summer and just do twitter drops + Partner Showcase + Bayonetta 3 Direct for the rest of the year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mioaionios

I fully expect we're getting a Direct in September because we know next to nothing about next year's releases.

Here are my predictions:

• Breath of the Wild 2 title and release date reveal
  • Xenoblade 3 Wave 2 DLC hero reveal
  • Super Mario or Donkey Kong platformer
  • Fire Emblem (might be a remake)
  • Metroid Prime HD

As for my wild card: Nintendogs.

What I don't think we'll see, contrary to popular belief: Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD ports. I think we'll get these games on Switch eventually but only after BotW2.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

I have the same list as you, same wild card too lol.

Mioaionios wrote:

• Breath of the Wild 2 title and release date reveal
  • Xenoblade 3 Wave 2 DLC hero reveal
  • Super Mario or Donkey Kong platformer
  • Fire Emblem (might be a remake)
  • Metroid Prime HD

As for my wild card: Nintendogs.

dysgraphia awareness human

Don

I hope Nintendo will confirm the existence of the rumored GBA games for Switch Online Subscription soon.

Don

FroZtedFlake

Anyone else seen that direct leak? I'd link it but I don't know how lol. Fully expecting it by the end of next week, hopefully Botw 2 will be there.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM That's February 9th (the one which already happened), not September 2nd.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FroZtedFlake

@Grumblevolcano Go to that same site though, and just hover over the link on google, its says "In 3 days" for me

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic