Forums

Topic: Kao the Kangaroo (2022)

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

arnoldfranklin

This is a topic for the Kao game that is being released on May 27th. It is a reboot of the platforming series and it looks pretty good.

Edited on by arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

Anti-Matter

I love the new look of Kao as he looked more handsome as an anthro kickboxing kangaroo. 😍😍😍
Untitled

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Whattttt, it's digital only? I'm not seeing physical sold anywhere in the US.

Dekudeals only shows an eshop listing.
The following stores have no listings: Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop.

edit: Amazon says Limited Run Games has physical with a placeholder date for December. That's it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

If any US people aren't aware, you CAN order from amazon UK, they will accept US currency and ship to US. I don't think this option is availble for everying on amazon UK, but I checked Kao the Kangaroo, it works.

I assume Canada can do the same with their currency. Can any Canadians confirm that they can purchase from amazon UK using canadian currency?
@arnoldfranklin

@RupeeClock Yeah, with the placeholder release date for limited run games on amazon US is December 31, 2022. (for now)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

arnoldfranklin

Thanks everyone. Is it being released physically in retail stores in the US, though? In May?

arnoldfranklin

arnoldfranklin

@Anti-Matter Okay, thanks for the info. I just ended up getting the digital version of the game.

arnoldfranklin

Tendo64

Heard this has the potential to be good, but the auto-save feature f***s up so might be worth waiting for a patch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Takoda

Was enjoying this one decently, finished the second world and bam, I wake up the next morning with all my progress in said world gone. Dunno if it’s worth going through all of that again for a buggy autosave to mess things up anyway. The game isn’t very polished as is but dang, that stings.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

arnoldfranklin

@Takoda Yeah, let's hope that gets patched real soon. I know their working on it.

arnoldfranklin

Henmii

Its because of that bug that I didn't order the game yet. I'll wait for the patch. I also asked Nintendolife if they wanted to do a article about the matter, but still nothing. They probably think it's not important, I think it is.

The game looks fun though, but I wonder if Clive N Wrench will be better. That one seems finally to arrive at the end of June, after a super long delay. Kao has the much better character designs though.

Henmii

arnoldfranklin

Update everyone: (I know I'm double posting but this is important for those wondering.)
They have officially patched the Pal and Japanese versions of Kao. Sadly, North America is not released, yet. (And that's the version I have lol)
Here is the announcement

arnoldfranklin

Henmii

That's great to hear though I might still wait a bit. I heard the game is quite a mess. Someone on youtube said he had the update on xboxOne and still experienced the save-problems on that version. And there was also someone who said the game kept crashing before the endboss. Maybe I'll buy it in July or at a later date.

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic