Forums

Topic: Hopes for 2021

Posts 41 to 60 of 102

Duboiss

As a fighting game a Sprite-based Capcom vs Nintendo would be a total dream

Duboiss

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry You know what I COMPLETELY forgot about? Disgaea 6. It looks great. Another great Switch RPG for 2021.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Duboiss I just want a new Capcom Fighting game period. SFV is really good now but they have yet to produce a fighting game that isn't lacking in content from day one since that could've been said for SFV and MvCI

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Stuff like Disgaea and Rune Factory haven't been up my alley at all but I might try them one day. I just kinda viewed Rune Factory as Harvest Moon meets Persona but didn't give it a second thought

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Rune Factory 5 looks great, and would be on my list if I didn't already have Rune Factory 4 in my backlog for years. I can't justify buying the new game when I still haven't gotten around to the older one on 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Don

@MarioLover92
I would definitely buy it day 1. I wonder how likely the game will be released on the Switch. They should work out an agreement to add Donkey Kong Country and 64 games to the Switch version and allow these games to be added to Xbox One release as a paid DLC. This way, Nintendo fans get to play Banjo and Conker games and are more likely to get an Xbox for future releases. Xbox owners get to experience the classic DK games and may buy a Switch for Tropical Freeze. It’s a win win situation.

Edited on by Don

Don

urrutiap

In 2021 I hope it'll be a good year for Monster Hunter Rise.

I hope everyone will be at least bored of Monster Hunter World anyway

urrutiap

chipia

What the switch needs is a NEW 2D Zelda. It's been 7 years since A Link Between Worlds and Links Awakening was just a remake.

Considering the Chamber Dungeons in Links Awakening, maybe they are already working on a Zelda Maker??

chipia

Zeldafan79

@chipia
If you wanna be technical the switch still doesn't have it's own new 3D zelda. BOTW is a Wii U game.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

An Improved Links Awakening Chamber dungeon system! They were fun to make, but the doors were so frustrating I did not want to do it.

Also, Pikmin 4 Please come out

Edited on by Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Raylax

I've got so much backlog at this point that I'd almost be happy for zero games to be released next year...

But realistically. It'd be nice to see Bayo 3 release. I could see that being the October "halloween" release. News on BotW2 would be very nice too, although I'm not sure I see it actually coming out next year. Maybe a March 2022 release to make it exactly 5 years since BotW. Then again, it is the anniversary next year, so maybe it'll sneak in as the big holiday game.

We've already got SM3DW confirmed, which I'm looking forward to replaying, so that about covers me for Mario. A look at Metroid Prime 4 would be nice - I definitely don't expect it to be releasing next year (I suspect we'll be looking at late 2022 at the earliest), but it'd be nice to have a trailer or concept reel, just something to show all's well at Retro.

Beyond that? No enormous hopes. Nintendo's good at dropping surprises nobody expected (Age of Calamity springs to mind), so I look forward to seeing whatever they have in store for us.

But please, be gentle on my backlog...

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

mcdreamer

@TheFrenchiestFry I was considering importing a copy of Persona 5 S as well. Do you understand Japanese? Is it quite dialog heavy like the main game? I'd be OK understanding the UI and the broad story, but if there's a lot of dialog I suspect I'd be better waiting for an English release.

mcdreamer

TheFrenchiestFry

@mcdreamer I literally just used the live translate feature on Google Translate. It's not enough to get a complete understanding of every intricate detail, but coupled with the visual queues and how event sequences are directed, it's easy to understand what's actually happening in the moment, and the story itself is actually surprisingly engaging compared to other Persona spinoffs like Arena, Q or Dancing

TheFrenchiestFry

teo_o

@mcdreamer i tried the japanese demo and it seems fun. reviews are good too so i definetely hope P5S comes to the west in 2021. I still don't understand how P5 isn't on switch after jocker came to smash.
I know Atlus has never been very multi-platform until recently with their PC conversions, but i still hope for P5 to come to switch, maybe with the rumored Switch pro.
My biggest hope for 2021 is a switch pro with BOTW2 by christmas.

teo_o

mcdreamer

@TheFrenchiestFry Cool. I might try and find a copy for a relatively sane price then, perhaps after trying the demo that @teo_o mentioned. I always forget about the live translation in Google Translate. That, coupled with my intermediate-ish(?) Japanese should be enough. Glad to hear the story is good! The last game I tried to play in Japanese was Xenogears 1&2 on the DS. That was quite a challenge due to the low resolution making certain kanji a bit hard to make out.

As for the main topic, I'd love to see Xenoblade 3 or some other Xenoblade related or Monolith game arrive in 2021. I suspect it's highly unlikely there will even be any Xenoblade 3 news next year however, let alone a release. As for confirmed titles, I'm very much looking forward to SMT V.

mcdreamer

TheFrenchiestFry

@mcdreamer Xenoblade 3 would be a nice surprise but I'm wondering what happened to that other seemingly original game Monolith was working on. It's been ages since those pieces of concept art leaked, and I imagine they're pumping the brakes on Xeno-related games for a while now that they've released two of them on Switch in quick succession unless by some miracle they announce a Xenogears or Xenosaga collection

TheFrenchiestFry

urrutiap

Uh, we dont need another Xenoblade game.

I still havent played Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 yet

urrutiap

mcdreamer

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, I was wondering about that other game as well. Perhaps if we get news on anything from Monolith it might be about that. A Xenogears or saga collection would be amazing!

mcdreamer

rockodoodle

Raylax wrote:

I've got so much backlog at this point that I'd almost be happy for zero games to be released next year...

But realistically. It'd be nice to see Bayo 3 release. I could see that being the October "halloween" release. News on BotW2 would be very nice too, although I'm not sure I see it actually coming out next year. Maybe a March 2022 release to make it exactly 5 years since BotW. Then again, it is the anniversary next year, so maybe it'll sneak in as the big holiday game.

We've already got SM3DW confirmed, which I'm looking forward to replaying, so that about covers me for Mario. A look at Metroid Prime 4 would be nice - I definitely don't expect it to be releasing next year (I suspect we'll be looking at late 2022 at the earliest), but it'd be nice to have a trailer or concept reel, just something to show all's well at Retro.

Beyond that? No enormous hopes. Nintendo's good at dropping surprises nobody expected (Age of Calamity springs to mind), so I look forward to seeing whatever they have in store for us.

But please, be gentle on my backlog...

Kind of agree. And with a half dozen or more games on my radar, most Indies, it kind of is a relief.

That said, Nintendo needs to maintain momentum and will need more than a 2020 to sustain.. ... I think we see some surprises tho, maybe even this year. Announcements at least.

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic