Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 341 to 360 of 376

Samus7Killer

why everyone mad OP wants to sell his Switch?
Smh -__-

Samus7Killer

Haruki_NLI

@Samus7Killer

Is only game. Why you heff to be mad.

Probably because the OP was complaining about things he could google before spending money. And the thread just devolved into doom prophecy from there that is always easy and so fun to mock

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BigBadJohn

@Samus7Killer The original poster was quite a balanced guy who had a few issues that where important to him. Then we had a few people jump in with overblown opinions and wouldn't except anyone else's point of view. It then developed into a bun fight that was equally infuriating and entertaining.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Samus7Killer

I dont see the prob nor the debate.... If he wanna sell it then sell it. In Japan he could double his money! 💰💰

Samus7Killer

zitpig

I'm prepared to increase my previous offer: 99p and a bag of chips, with free curry sauce thrown in.

zitpig

BigBadJohn

@Samus7Killer As I say it kind of developed from a guy thinking he maybe ready to sell his Switch into two or three people predicting catastrophic failure of the console unless Nintendo changed certain aspects of the Switch.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Mr_Humpf

I think we're right at the beginning of an exciting release schedule for Switch. Selling mine couldn't be further from my mind. The hybrid nature of the machine works REALLY well for me personally. I can squeeze in half an hour or an hour of gaming here-or-there like I never could before. I love the Joycons. When I'm playing BoTW docked I very rarely use the Joycon dock, I just hold one in each hand, and I find it very comfortable. I totally respect your opinion though. I know a lot of people that bought a Switch and sold it as soon as they had completed BoTW. Each to their own. I'm in it for the long-haul.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

BigBadJohn

@Curlynob The release schedule is just insane. So many quality titles already and more being announced almost daily. I'm already feeling guilty that I haven't played certain fantastic games enough because a new title comes out and dominates my time.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Mr_Humpf

@BigBadJohn To be honest BoTW is still monopolising my time. I've got that desperate to finish it, but never want it to end quandary! I've hardly touched Mario Kart, Bomberman or ARMS and my copy of Splatoon 2 is arriving today.

Mahe

Curlynob wrote:

I know a lot of people that bought a Switch and sold it as soon as they had completed BoTW. Each to their own. I'm in it for the long-haul.

Think of it this way: if you've already got a PS4 and 2DS, what does the Switch give you? Switch exclusives like Arms aren't exactly appealing, and the release lineup is really sparse.

When you've got a PS4, you can play the best home console games, and with 2DS, you can play the best dedicated handheld games, both with game libraries so vast that they utterly dwarf the meager selection that Switch has. It's not even a competition.

Mahe

Haruki_NLI

@Mahe The systems are older. A larger library is expected.

But hey, I think you could and should make a console that eclipses a 6 year old systems library instantly.

Seriously, I think you really are delusional if you think this is how it should work. Did PS4 have more games than the PS3 in 4 months?

Furthermore, if you want the best home consoles games, use a PC Now THAT is a library. The PS4 cant compete with the variety and size of Steam's library and deals and gets many of the same games.

Its not even a competition. But hey, I believe people can enjoy what they like. Isnt that a fun and novel idea? But you really are starting to look like roast beef to the wolves if you keep talking out your rear end.

Mr_Humpf

@Mahe I have a PS4 and I hardly play it - because I'm married, work a full time job and have three young children. I don't have the time. The Switch empowers me to play games in snatched moments, in lunch-hours and on commutes. I also have 3DS XL and a PS Vita which have both given me a lot of pleasure, but the Switch is objectively a much more powerful and flexible mobile solution. The first weekend I had my Switch I was sat in my back garden late in the evening playing BoTW. When it began to get too cold, I brought it inside, docked it and carried on playing. I love that versatility and you can't get that anywhere else. Sure, I've enjoyed games like Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, Nier Automata and The Last Guardian on PS4 but Nintendo is where my heart is. I desperately wanted to play BoTW on Switch, but it wasn't until I saw Super Mario Odyssey that I knew I had to get one. Switch has been out 4 months. PS4 has been out 4 years, if it didn't have a bigger back catalog something would be severely wrong. But you're right, it's not a competition. The gaming platform that is right for you depends on your tastes, circumstances and wallet. I understand that the Switch might not suit everyone, but neither does a PS4. From a serious PC gamer's perspective even the PS4 Pro is a compromise. Peace.

ThatNyteDaez

Mahe wrote:

Curlynob wrote:

I know a lot of people that bought a Switch and sold it as soon as they had completed BoTW. Each to their own. I'm in it for the long-haul.

Think of it this way: if you've already got a PS4 and 2DS, what does the Switch give you? Switch exclusives like Arms aren't exactly appealing, and the release lineup is really sparse.

When you've got a PS4, you can play the best home console games, and with 2DS, you can play the best dedicated handheld games, both with game libraries so vast that they utterly dwarf the meager selection that Switch has. It's not even a competition.

Switch has only been out for 4 months and you're comparing it to consoles that have 3+ years of games in their library? ... Are you stupid or are you stupid?

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

StuTwo

@Curlynob Here here!

I'm in a similar position. My time to play games is limited, especially time sat in front of the TV, so I need a gameplay solution that fits around me. The Switch provides that.

Would the 3DS also provide that? Sure. But the most ambitious games on the 3DS are generally far less ambitious than the most ambitious games on the Switch, you can't play them on the TV and (in the case of indie titles) they're often heavily compromised compared visually and lacking some modes/options. On top of which the Switch is an ongoing platform that'll be around for years while the 3DS is clearly winding down.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

BigBadJohn

Mahe wrote:

Curlynob wrote:

Or think of it this way; if you have a Switch you can play amazing games at home and play the same amazing games away from home. No compromise.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Mahe

ThatNyteDaez wrote:

Mahe wrote:

Curlynob wrote:

Switch has only been out for 4 months and you're comparing it to consoles that have 3+ years of games in their library?

That's the whole point. PS4 and 2DS already have years worth of great games to play. Switch doesn't. And it isn't just the existing games, it's the upcoming games, too. Both PS4 and 2DS easily beat Switch when it comes to soon to be released games. A new system should be getting games at a fast pace, but the Switch just isn't. All the games are going to PS4 or 2DS.

Mahe

rallydefault

@Mahe
Makes total sense. Why buy a new system when the old ones have more games? I always said, this industry should've just stopped with the Atari 2600. The thing has over 500 games for it. Why even bother launching new systems if they're just going to have fewer games than the hardware that's already out there?

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

@Mahe So youre gonna have this stance with the PS5 right?

You do realise you are asking for 1983 again though.

If a system launched with as many games as its predecessor then the PS5 will easily launch on day 1 with 4000 titles if not more. Most of those wont sell because gamers simply CANT buy them as its severe oversaturation. Games dont sell, companies dont earn. Investors lose confidence in companies. Public loses confidence in games. The market stalls again.

Furthermore as cool as your suggestion is, its unsustainable! Youd want thr PS5 to have as many games in a day as PS4 had at the ebd if its life. The PS5 would then accumulate games over its life. So itd start with 4000 day 1 and swell to say 8000.

What happens with the PS6? Do you want that to launch with 8000 games or is that a failure too? Then what about the PS7? Would you expect that to have as many games as the PS6 the second it lands?

Get your head out man. Ive never heard such verbal diarrhoea in my life. As I said on the sister site, you would open a business and declare bankruptcy if you didnt double your sales day over day because you live in some fantasy land.

I dont think he's stupid @BigBadJohn @rallydefault @ThatNyteDaez

I think he is actually delusional. His expectations defy all labour regulations less he advocates slavery in game development, and its economical suicide for the market.

Mahe

@rallydefault Is Atari 2600 getting the new games that PS4 and 2DS are getting? Does Atari 2600 have the great games that are available on PS4 and 2DS?

Mahe

NEStalgia

@Mahe Do you not remember the PS4 launch? Do you not remember the 3DS launch? Do you not remember how few games were in either library for the first year or so comparatively? That's how a new console works. That's how all new consoles work. Old platforms always have a bigger pipeline of games. Because they're old platforms and the games have been in production for years.

You're not arguing against Switch, you're arguing against early adoption of consoles in general.

2DS is an old outgoing platform, to be phased out in favor of Switch. Switch is its replacement, quite clearly. If you want to play "the best handheld games" you're going to need that Switch sooner or later. And a growing amount of Vita's games seem to be migrating to Switch as well. Among games that come to PS4 AND Switch, you get to pick if you want them to look their best, or if you want to be able to pick it up and play it on a handheld. Choice is a wonderful thing.

NEStalgia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.