Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 6,555

RR529

@TheBladeOfRoses, yeah, Paramount+ is a US only thing at the moment I believe, so Netflix, Prime, or some such will probably pick up international distribution rights at some point.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529 Probably Prime because they got Ghostbusters Afterlife last week (a paramount film) (i think), on that note I re-watched it, it's still in my opinion great.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

RR529

Kermit1 wrote:

@RR529 Probably Prime because they got Ghostbusters Afterlife last week (a paramount film) (i think), on that note I re-watched it, it's still in my opinion great.

Ghostbusters Afterlife is Sony Pictures.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

XandertheWise

@Rambler youre joking, right?

what "great' cast for Waxwork 2?

the movie is still awful

XandertheWise

Kermit1doesmath

I just watched Hail Caesar for the first time. I really enjoyed it, I've only seen one other Cohen brothers film, True Grit remake. I liked this film way more than the True Grit remake (mainly because I'm a big Marion Robert Morrison fan)
8/10

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

@Kermit1 I don't understand people who complain about there's only superhero films when they will only talk about and see superhero films. There's plenty of interesting action/blockbuster/genre films that aren't about comic book out now or soon like;

Northman, a nihilistic action blockbuster with blood and gore!

Three Thousands Years Of Longing, an ambitious and visually stunning dark fantasy.

Everything Everywhere All At Once, a bonkers indie dramedy with added kung fu.

Nope, the latest thinky man's horror film by Jordan Peele.

RRR, the best blockbuster you will never see as it has subtitles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

Ooh a new Jordan Peele film

My fave Michelle Yeoh is Wing Chung. Very funny and lots of action.

@Kermit1 - Raiders is one of the all-time greats. I'm not fussed about any of the sequels (including Last Crusade!), but the first is everything you want in an action film. Including the point that what he does actually make things worse!

@XandertheWise - the film looks rubbish, but - and I'm not talking about Godfather levels of casting - it does appear to include Bruce Campbell, Sophie Ward, Patrick Macnee, and David Carriandine. All good(ish) actors surprisingly appearing in what looks forgettable.
It also seems to have Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet, and Billy from Gremlins (although the only other film I've seen Billy in was one of the all-time worst for me -
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0287497/)

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Yeah Wing Chun is great. Supercop/Police Story 3 is one of my favourites from her kung fu days.

She's become a proper franchise darling recently now having been in Star Trek, Bond, Marvel plus she's gonna be in 3 of the 27 Avatar sequels.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Fizza

jump wrote:

She's become a proper franchise darling recently now having been in Star Trek, Bond, Marvel plus she's gonna be in 3 of the 27 Avatar sequels.

If we're only getting a second Avatar now, we'll have had the heat death of the universe by the time they get to 18.

Also, yes I am aware of sarcasm.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Bunkerneath

Watched Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga again, god its stupid, but Will Farrell really understands how it works

@jump By the way, because of you the wife and me are now going to watch RRR tonight, as we saw the advert for it last night and wasn't sure.

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

jump

@Bunkerneath I'm glad I converted someone. You're in for a treat as the movie is really kinetic and never lets up like Indiana Jones or Mad Max Fury Road.

Seriously people, just ignore it's a Bollywood film for a sec and give the trailer a try (remember to put the subtitles on if Youtube doesn't bring them up automatically) as then there's no way any popcorn movie fans will not want to watch it after seeing the trailer.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

Yeah, although I think they've finished filming the sequel & are on the 3rd now, @Fizza .... So, Avatar 2 or whatever should get a release date soon, they'll want it out before finishing 3 in case it's a flop & they decide not to do any more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

Bunkerneath wrote:

Watched Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga again, god its stupid, but Will Farrell really understands how it works

the what.

I've never heard of that before, what is it exactly?

jump

@Fizza It's another Will Farrell Formulaic goofy movie like Blades Of Glory or Talladega Nights but with singing at Eurovision instead of cars or skating.

Nicolai wrote:

Fizza

@Bunkerneath That looks madcap as all hell and I love it. The casting seems weird for this kind of thing (if they had to do a non-Icelandic actor, why not make them British or something instead of blatantly American?) but they pull off the roles pretty well all things considered from the bits I've seen. They even managed to bring in Graham Norton! That's some great attention to detail. I'll have to give this a watch at some point in the future, should be a fun time with my family.

Also, the father is Pierce Brosnan isn't it? That's who he reminds me of at least.

Bunkerneath

@Fizza The cast works really well, and the whole thing is so over the top and so Eurovision they must of had quite a bit of fun creating it and with all the little details and cameos just makes it funny.

And yes it is Pierce Brosnan

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Fizza

@Bunkerneath You've actually just reminded me of something we used to do for Eurovision back in 2015: back then, my family and all their relations got together in our house and we all pulled country names out of a hat and whoever's country won got €50 cash. I'm pretty sure it was one of my cousins who won it in the end but I'd love to do it again once they who shall not be named goes away.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic