Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,670

Blue_Blur

@zool: I've played both, and enjoyed them a lot. The games are radically different from each other in terms of playstyle, though, so it's hard to say which one I prefer for that reason.

Star Rush is one of the better Mario Party's, in my opinion, and is really good as a single player experience. Multiplayer is very fun as well, but Star Rush has many single player modes that are just as fun! I would agree with reviews, and say that it's one of the best single player Mario Party's, and I have played the majority of Mario Party games.

I found Fire & Ice to be really fun, as well. The game is quite short, only took me around 6 hours or so to beat, but the levels themselves are really engaging. I didn't encounter any glitches throughout the entire playthrough. There's only a little replay value; to collect all the collectibles in the game, beat time attacks, etc. If you've played Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, then it's the same gameplay style, but they fixed a lot of the minor annoyances Shattered Crystal had.

So it all really depends on what type of game you want the most. If you want a lot of replay value, single and multiplayer fun, and just a fun party game, then go with Star Rush. If you're more after a fast-paced, single player platformer, then Fire & Ice is the way to go. Hope this helps!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Vinny

@zool Fire and Ice is a nice little game. It has a great flow and feel of speed like the classics games, but it's very easy and short.

There are no lifes, you just restart at the last checkpoint. I finished it in about 3 hours. May have a better replay value if you like collecting stuff.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ianl579

Hello, I am interested in getting some RPGs this Christmas, mostly but not exclusively on 3DS, and I was wondering which of the following games (or specific games in a series) are the best purchases:

Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest
Monster Hunter
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Golden Sun
Chrono Trigger
Fantasy Life
Super Mario RPG

Thanks in advance!

Edited on by ianl579

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

VoltageX

@LegendOfPokemon I would recommend the following RPGs:

final fantasy iv
final fantasy crystal chronicles echoes of time
dragon quest ix
(all are DS games)

bravely default
tales of the abyss
fantasy life
(all are 3DS games)

VoltageX

Jamie1993

So for Xmas i got the Pokemon Moon limited edition 2DS which i'm very happy about, I also got Super Mario Maker.

My birthday is next week and my Mrs wants some idea what to get me, I'm thinking Yoshi Island and not sure what else? Maybe Zelda?

Anyone want to recommend me a game

Jamie1993

Squi-Volt

I'm just looking for a solid 3DS platformer (non-eShop). Any recommendations?

Incineroar is life!

3DS FC: 5172-5126-5068
Miiverse: Squi-Volt

VoltageX

@squirtle2017 My favorites are rayman origins, super mario 3d land, kirby planet robobot and chibi robo zip lash

VoltageX

SPMarioSousa95

Does anyone know when there'll be new titles added to the Nintendo Selects 3DS range in Europe?
Wish we could get Luigi's Mansion and DKCR3D like in NA

SPMarioSousa95

woodlin37

@SPMarioSousa95 i know! im also waiting for donkey kong country on selects like they have in the U.S already, just bought luigis mansion 2 yesterday as i couldnt wait any longer for that.

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

woodlin37

@Jamie1993 i got my daughter that same console except the sun version, its a great machine and a great game, if you like zelda go for link between worlds, its on the selects range now so under 20 pounds, yoshis island is OK but quite an easy game,

Edited on by woodlin37

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

ianl579

How do Dragon Quest 7 and 8 stack up to other RPGs on 3DS? And which one is better? (I have never played a Dragon Quest game before by the way.)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Gamecubed

Thinking about getting my goddaughter a 2DS for her birthday in May. She'll be 6. I'm moving away in the fall, and I want to treat her before I go. We also just found out that she's going to be a big sister in the late summer, and I don't want her to feel like she's going to be forgotten amongst all of the excitement.
2DS comes with Mario Kart 7 installed, but I'm trying to decide on another game to get for her. Narrowed it down to New Super Mario Bros. 2, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, and Disney Magical World 2.
I've played enough NSMB games to know what NSMB2 will be like. Anyone have any experience with the other two? Anyone have any other suggestions? She doesn't like Pokemon. She's incredibly smart for her age, so I'm not too worried about games being "above" her. I've got lots of time to make up my mind, but I like to plan ahead.

@LegendOfPokemon Dragon Quest 8 is probably the best entry point in the series for someone that has never played before. So I'd say go with that one.

Gamecubed

VoltageX

@Gamecubed What about fantasy life? I think it might be good for her, you should give it a try =]

VoltageX

Gamecubed

@VoltageX Thanks! That's actually a game I've wanted to try out for a while. Now might be a good time.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

gcunit

@Gamecubed Animal Crossing could be a good option.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Gamecubed

@gcunit another good suggestion. Thank you. I somehow forgot all about Animal Crossing!

Gamecubed

JaxonH

@VanillaLake

Just saw your Miiverse question about 3DS... Sorry don't check Miiverse often anymore. But I figured I'd answer you here in the 3DS thread, even though I'm not sure you still come here often. Check your Miiverse messages though, I put my email in there also

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ZoneBlaze

Cantisque wrote:

@LegendOfPokemon Thanks, Harvest Moon seemed like the obvious choice but wanted to see if anyone had improved on that formula in any way. I'll see if I can pick up New Beginning in CEX or something .

I'd say Rune Factory is a game that's very similar to Harvest Moon(but with combat). I played it a bunch on the DS back in the day. I will say, however, that the combat is very basic and feels slightly unpolished. Fantasy Life is a cutesy game that has no farming, but is pretty fun as a life sim.

ZoneBlaze

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic