The latest Japanese Charts are in courtesy of Famitsu and it's predictably another strong turnout for the Nintendo Switch.
Coming in at number one, Nintendo Switch Sports managed to sell an impressive 53,900 units, bringing its total so far to 677,393. Meanwhile, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 hold strong at the number two slot, though its sales have taken a pretty hefty dive from the previous week, shifting 39,529 units down from 112,728. It's still a strong number, no question, but it's clear that a game like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has a very dedicated fanbase, many of whom are likely to have picked it up within the first week.
Otherwise, it's more or less business as usual. Live A Live is still performing relatively well, with 20,999 units shifted in the week, while Mario Kart 8 Deluxe rises a few spots to come in at number three, no doubt bolstered by the recent launch of fresh courses courtesy of the Booster Course Pass Wave 2 release.
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 53,900 (677,393)
- [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 39,529 (152,257)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 29,276 (4,774,885)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 27,957 (851,866)
- [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set – 24,180 (241,652)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 21,173 (2,749,039)
- [NSW] Live A Live – 20,999 (106,234)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 19,012 (3,247,019)
- [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 17,153 (157,041)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 12,780 (2,698,202)
Over on the hardware front, the Switch OLED is still the top of the pack, bringing in 94,827 in sales for the week, with the PlayStation 5 sitting pretty in the number two spot with 44,126 units sold, further indicating a more healthy supply of consoles from Sony.
- Switch OLED Model – 94,827 (2,192,546)
- PlayStation 5 – 44,126 (1,592,796)
- Switch – 35,071 (18,582,498)
- Switch Lite – 23,924 (4,850,949)
- Xbox Series X – 4,802 (139,695)
- Xbox Series S – 3,901 (152,033)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2,474 (257,785)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 307 (1,201,475)
- PlayStation 4 – 28 (7,819,811)
As always, share your thoughts on the latest Japanese charts in the comments.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.