Among Us has just been updated, and the update brings one of the most requested features yet: A Friends List!
There are also other changes too, including new cosmetics — on the Switch, you can get Ghostface cosmetics, but Xbox gets an exclusive Master Chief look and PlayStation gets a Ratchet and Clank one too. But they're all free!
Here are all the Friend List notes you need to know, followed by the full bug fixing patch notes:
Here are all the Friends List features you can expect from this free update, v2022.3.29 on all platforms:
- A unique friend code
- Ability to send and receive friend requests (duh)
- Invite friends to your own lobby
- See who you recently played with
- Ability to block players
- Ability to show/hide your Friend Code (good for anyone streaming!)
- Ability to turn off/on lobby invite notifications (toggle this in the game Settings)
Notes about the Friends List:
- No offline/online status for friends yet
- You can turn on/off lobby notifications
- Child accounts will need additional permissions from their parent/guardian to access their Friend’s List
But that’s not it! Here are some other things you can expect with this update:
- Removed the ability to link/unlink existing accounts – this is temporary! We need to fix up the system here since we’ve heard it can be a confusing process, so for now we are turning this feature off until the next update.
- Screen Shake option can now be toggled On and Off (PC)
- Cosmetics are arranged in a different order
- Known bugs from this Friends List update – We’re currently aware of some release bugs that are present in this new update (v2022.3.29). We will be working on getting these fixed, but for now, they are present in the new build. The biggest ones we’ll note here are:
- Friends List does not update in real time – needs to be refreshed
- No error message when attempting to send a Friend Request while being offline
- “Recently Played With” and “Blocked Players” tabs do not update properly when blocking/unblocking players
- Friends List requests are not received after adjusting the ‘Friend & Lobby Invites’ option multiple times in Settings
- Significant shadow and texture issues – noticeable during Lights Off sabotage phase
- Crew color Cosmetics and Crewmate displayed as the Preferred color rather than current Crewmate color in Lobby Wardrobe
- Cosmetics may be slow to load in
- When a new player joins the game, it can take half a second for their cosmetics to load in with the player as it does the spawn animation
- DLC Grants Ongoing – Account linking borked some accounts in November, this is true. We have been steadily and diligently rolling out grants to those of you who lose your DLC, and a huuuge chunk have been resolved at this point. As I said in the last Bug Corner, this is a manual process that takes time, so we definitely appreciate your patience!
- SSL Bug – this was a funny little bug that our backend programmers took a flyswatter to. It was a few days of disrupted play, but all should be well now.
- Account Reset Bug – we know this has been happening to a fair number of you, and we hope that the changes to account linking should resolve this. As always, contact [email protected] if you’re still having account/inventory issues.
- Age Verification – We partnered with SuperAwesome in 2021 to implement an age verification process that makes it so our younger players have a safe and fun experience playing Among Us. This process isn’t foolproof (we err on the side of safety), and sometimes our adult players end up being asked to verify their age if they enter their birth year incorrectly. Please know that we hear your feedback, and we are hoping to streamline this process soon.
For the next update, Community Director Victoria Tran tells players that they'll be focusing on bug fixing, so "don’t expect new content."