Famitsu's Japanese chart figures are now in for the week ending 31st October, revealing that Mario Party Superstars has gone straight in at number one.
The game sold an estimated 163,256 physical copies in its opening week in Japan, managing to fend off several newcomers releasing this week. Among the other new titles was Super Robot Wars 30, which sold better on Switch than PS4, and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, which did the opposite.
Nintendo's usual fan-favourites round out the top ten, with Switch taking seven of the top ten places.
Here are the top ten (first numbers are this week's estimated sales, followed by total sales):
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo, 10/29/21) – 163,256 (New)
- [NSW] Super Robot Wars 30 (Bandai Namco, 10/28/21) – 70,849 (New)
- [PS4] Super Robot Wars 30 (Bandai Namco, 10/28/21) – 60,386 (New)
- [PS4] Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Koei Tecmo, 10/28/21) – 22,196 (New)
- [NSW] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 4th Heart (Konami, 10/28/21) – 21,675 (New)
- [NSW] Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Koei Tecmo, 10/28/21) – 20,586 (New)
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex, 10/14/21) – 9,351 (120,196)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 9,225 (4,478,941)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,829 (4,112,648)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,715 (2,251,834)
In the hardware charts, the Switch OLED has now fallen below the original model in the pecking order after a strong week last week, with the Switch family generating around 75,000 sales in total. Here are this week's figures, followed by lifetime sales in brackets:
- Switch – 33,848 (17,301,52)
- Switch OLED Model – 30,805 (262,877)
- PlayStation 5 – 20,105 (971,140)
- Switch Lite – 10,150 (4,116,810)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,911 (186,768)
- PlayStation 4 – 1,975 (7,816,517)
- Xbox Series S – 1,511 (47,186)
- Xbox Series X – 1,351 (66,343)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 366 (1,176,138)
Any surprises this week? Let us know in the comments.
[source famitsu.com, via gematsu.com]
New Tokimeki game on modern consoles but NO Dance Dance Revolution ? 🤨
So, did MPS had a better or worse launch than SMP in Japan ?
Continuing to beat the PS5 when the latter is new, while there are nearly 100 million Switches in circulation, is impressive.
Glad to see Fatal Frame up there
I'm glad for Superstar's success so far. It's leagues better than Super Mario Party and I can see myself playing this game with friends for a long time. I'm glad they finally decided to listen to the fans.
I thought it wouldn't be successful because everyone already has Super Mario Party. Is Superstars a sequel?
Switch OLED model supply is a roller coaster:
> Week 1: 138,409
> Week 2: 32,494
> Week 3: 61,169
> Week 4: 30,805
Mario Party SuperStars' launch sales are up by 50%+ compared to that of Super Mario Party.
Well deserved. MP superstars is the best MP i have played. Played since orginal MP.
Worth every penny.
After recently watching the Action Button review of Tokimeki Memorial it is funny seeing a game in that franchise here.
Wow so many new releases but that still won't knocked Minecraft off the chart. Nintendo is doing a great job marketing that game in Japan for sure.
I think everyone should buy Mario Party Superstars...it is absolutely brilliant!! SO much fun, and the online matching is flawless!
I have had some brilliant online matches with strangers and really made me smile with the 'stickers' booing people or laughing when they get robbed of their stars etc haha. So much fun.
It deserved higher than 3rd place in UK charts
OLED seems to sell as many as Nintendo can produce in Japan. Wild to see it dip below OG Switch, which really speaks to how supply chains have been strained.
So OG switch is still outselling the OLED mpdel? is that because of price or Supply chain?
@Dilly-Mick The OLED stock can’t meet demand. It’s in lottery status
@Euler you do realise that's all the ps5's for sale in Japan? Nintendo prioritise Japan, Sony don't anymore. Handheld is king in Japan and always will be.
Happy to see Fatal Frame chart on both PS4 and Switch.
It seems Metroid dread dropped last week and its nowhere to be found this week too. I hope is doing well worldwide
Goodbye, Breaddroid Bread. Sorry Japan hates Metroids.
Tap here to load 20 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...