Words of Measured Description
Deadly missiles are flying in every direction, the ground all around you is crumbling away under the pressure of multiple explosions, and an absurdly giant statue of a donkey is descending from the sky. Yes, this sentence could only be made possible by Worms - Team17’s mega-hit franchise which sees players hurtling...
Worms W.M.D. Guides
One common issue with many Switch games — especially games ported from other platforms — is uncomfortably small on-screen text. Whether it's dialogue in a box, menu text, or the User Interface (UI), it can often be difficult to read on Nintendo's handheld hybrid console. It's not something that blights ported games...
About The Game
INCOMING! Worms W.M.D Explodes onto Nintendo Switch!
The Worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, a full arsenal of weapons, crafting, vehicles and buildings, Worms W.M.D is the best Worms experience ever!
In Worms W.M.D for Nintendo Switch™, players will be able to feel the full power of all the game’s campaign missions, levels, customisations and updates, including Liberation and the fan favourite Forts Mode whether at home or on the go. And coming first to Nintendo Switch, a whole megaton more!
- A brand new theme - Space!
- New Mushroom and Tree forts
- New customisations including three new outfits and three new gravestones to mourn the passing of your invertebrate pals
Worms W.M.D for Nintendo Switch™ includes support for single Joy-Con™ play, local wireless multiplayer as well as local and online multiplayer in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare. So, wherever you are, grab your Concrete Donkeys, un-pin your Holy-Hand Grenades, and re-cape your Super Sheep as you prepare to rain hell on upon your enemies with Worms at its chaotic best!
- Wonderfully 2D - The best implementation of the Worms formula yet, now with a brand new worm, and gorgeous digitally-painted 2D artwork.
- Vehicles - Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in warfare-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from from above in helicopters and more!
- Buildings - Gain the tactical advantage by keeping your worms’ heads down and hiding out in a building, protecting them from direct attacks!
- Crafting - No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Classic Worms Physics and Gameplay - Our brand new engine recreates the feel of the fan-favourite entrants in the series; and sees the reintroduction of the much loved Classic Ninja Rope.
- New and classic weapons - Over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, including many returning classics and a slew of new additions such as the Dodgy Phone Battery, the Unwanted Present and the OMG strike.
- Mounted Guns - A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Hilarious single player plus online and local multiplayer warfare - Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a warchest of Training Missions, Campaign Missions and Challenges for the solo player. Train up then head online to create havoc in multiplayer modes including ranked play, with room for up to six players on each map!