423 Blocked

You have been blocked for security reasons. This server understood your request, but will not service any requests from your IP address.

function checkViewport () { if (document.cookie.match(/device=desktop/) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Safari/i) && !navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) && navigator.userAgent.match(/Version\/(13|14|15)/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i) && screen.width >= 800 && screen.width > screen.height && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Mobile/i)) || (screen.width > window.innerWidth && screen.width > 800 && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Android|iPhone/i))) { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content","width=1275"); } else { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content",document.getElementById("viewport").getAttribute("data-original")); }}; checkViewport(); window.addEventListener('resize', checkViewport);if (!document.documentElement.matches('.light, .dark')) { if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: dark)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('dark'); } else if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: light)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('light'); } }

Forums

Topic: Game of the Year: 2026

Posts 61 to 65 of 65

FishyS

Matt_Barber wrote:

We've just had the Australian Game Awards and the winner is... Mixtape.

Interesting. I admit to forgetting Mixtape existed.

Given the numerous extremely well received indies this year - Sektori, Big Walk, Mina, Schrodinger's Call, Mewgenics, Denshattack - I'm not sure if Mixtape will even make the cut for the indie category, though it could certainly be nominated for music.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

IceClimbers

Based on previews for Phantom Blade 0, I think these will be the nominees for GOTY (assuming GTA is ineligible):

  • Resident Evil Requiem
  • Phantom Blade 0
  • Gears of War E-Day
  • Control Resonant
  • Onimusha Way of the Sword or Pragmata
  • Zelda Ocarina of Time

Fire Emblem is most likely getting snubbed IMO

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FishyS

@IceClimbers They have already specifically said GTA is eligible. In fact, the last day of eligibility is the day GTA comes out.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

darkfenrir

JUST FINISHED Control Resonant and my god this game definitely should have been one of the GOTY candidate, seriously. Game's so gooooood and the gameplay is so fun and everything! Heck the story and music and characters too... it's just so perfect... Even the level design is just so, so much fun and good.

;_; much unfortunate that it probably won't even make the nomination.

darkfenrir

kkslider5552000

I do hope GTA is a disappointment, because then GOTY is a real race that isn't boringly obvious. Like RE9, Pokopia, Mina are the closest to front runners, and I'm not sure how much I'd put them above half a dozen other games. Also even as someone who doesn't play many new games, I've technically played two of those games and the third is close to the only RE I care about, so GOTY is slightly more relevant to me than its been in a long time.

of course, when I did still care, Trials and Tribulations in 2007, Rhythm Heaven, Muramasa, and Little King's Story in 2009, Virtue's Last Reward in 2012, and presumably Rayman Legends in 2013 were all disgustingly under represented so being detached from such discussions can sometimes be for the best! (though to be fair, a couple of these games I didn't play the year they came out, so I would be debatably part of the problem there :V)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic