Forums

Topic: Sonic Lost World 3DS Vs. Wii U

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

SammyOfMobius

Artwark wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I have the 3DS version not the Wii U version for two reasons.

1.I don't have a Wii U yet.

2.If its on 3DS why not get that one instead?

So far I got all the chaos emeralds and beaten three zones. But unlike other sonic games where there are different paths you can take to reach the goal, this one is a bit linear. For example in tropical coast, you need to use yellow drill to complete the level. But there are some secret paths to get in the game but since you can't get them unless you unlock more wisps, I've decided to beat the game first inorder to get the goodies later on.

But I will say this now that you are not gonna like the special stages in the 3DS version because you have to move the 3ds around to get those orbs. But it does not feel unplayable nor is it broken like Sonic Heroes. Super Sonic here can skip a lot of level segments in this version but when it comes to the linear parts, you're forced to use the wisps in order to proceed.

If you want my advice, I'll let you know as soon as I finish the first playthrough.

You really should get a Wii U and Sonic Lost World on Wii U. The Wii U is a fun console and delivers many fun experiences and appeals to a greater variety of gamers than PS4 and Xbox One. Sonic Lost World is only one of the several gems already on and coming soon to Wii U!

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Oh but I do want to get the Wii U and play 3D World! Infact I'm very positive that the Wii U will outsell the PS4 and ONE But I'm having some personal problems right now and since I'm in India, I fear that if there is a blackout while my game is saving, I might lose all my save states so I'm really worried about that issue and that I'm waiting for a price drop which should happen around next year and move to a location where there won't be frequent blackouts.

But I don't want to get Lost World on Wii U because I already have the 3DS version where the story plays the same so really it doesn't matter to me. Besides, the 3DS version plays like a traditional Sonic game than the Wii U and I've heard a lot saying that the 3DS version is better than the Wii U.

I want Lost World 3DS because the Wii U one was so enjoyable and when I beat it, I was left wanting more! Anyways, I'm excited for 3D World too! It'll be the best Wii U game!

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Kyloctopus

The 3DS will not offer the same gameplay as the Wii U version, for the most matter.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

TheLilK98

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I have the 3DS version not the Wii U version for two reasons.

1.I don't have a Wii U yet.

2.If its on 3DS why not get that one instead?

So far I got all the chaos emeralds and beaten three zones. But unlike other sonic games where there are different paths you can take to reach the goal, this one is a bit linear. For example in tropical coast, you need to use yellow drill to complete the level. But there are some secret paths to get in the game but since you can't get them unless you unlock more wisps, I've decided to beat the game first inorder to get the goodies later on.

But I will say this now that you are not gonna like the special stages in the 3DS version because you have to move the 3ds around to get those orbs. But it does not feel unplayable nor is it broken like Sonic Heroes. Super Sonic here can skip a lot of level segments in this version but when it comes to the linear parts, you're forced to use the wisps in order to proceed.

If you want my advice, I'll let you know as soon as I finish the first playthrough.

You really should get a Wii U and Sonic Lost World on Wii U. The Wii U is a fun console and delivers many fun experiences and appeals to a greater variety of gamers than PS4 and Xbox One. Sonic Lost World is only one of the several gems already on and coming soon to Wii U!

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Oh but I do want to get the Wii U and play 3D World! Infact I'm very positive that the Wii U will outsell the PS4 and ONE But I'm having some personal problems right now and since I'm in India, I fear that if there is a blackout while my game is saving, I might lose all my save states so I'm really worried about that issue and that I'm waiting for a price drop which should happen around next year and move to a location where there won't be frequent blackouts.

But I don't want to get Lost World on Wii U because I already have the 3DS version where the story plays the same so really it doesn't matter to me. Besides, the 3DS version plays like a traditional Sonic game than the Wii U and I've heard a lot saying that the 3DS version is better than the Wii U.

I want Lost World 3DS because the Wii U one was so enjoyable and when I beat it, I was left wanting more! Anyways, I'm excited for 3D World too! It'll be the best Wii U game!

X and Zelda U would like to have a word with you.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Knuckles

Wait, did I read that right on page 1? You can go Super Sonic by collecting 50 rings and double jumping after getting the emeralds?
If this is true, thank you SEGA for making this a regular unlockable in the series again.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

SammyOfMobius

Knuckles wrote:

Wait, did I read that right on page 1? You can go Super Sonic by collecting 50 rings and double jumping after getting the emeralds?
If this is true, thank you SEGA for making this a regular unlockable in the series again.

Super Sonic's been unlockable again since Sonic Colors.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

TheLilK98 wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I have the 3DS version not the Wii U version for two reasons.

1.I don't have a Wii U yet.

2.If its on 3DS why not get that one instead?

So far I got all the chaos emeralds and beaten three zones. But unlike other sonic games where there are different paths you can take to reach the goal, this one is a bit linear. For example in tropical coast, you need to use yellow drill to complete the level. But there are some secret paths to get in the game but since you can't get them unless you unlock more wisps, I've decided to beat the game first inorder to get the goodies later on.

But I will say this now that you are not gonna like the special stages in the 3DS version because you have to move the 3ds around to get those orbs. But it does not feel unplayable nor is it broken like Sonic Heroes. Super Sonic here can skip a lot of level segments in this version but when it comes to the linear parts, you're forced to use the wisps in order to proceed.

If you want my advice, I'll let you know as soon as I finish the first playthrough.

You really should get a Wii U and Sonic Lost World on Wii U. The Wii U is a fun console and delivers many fun experiences and appeals to a greater variety of gamers than PS4 and Xbox One. Sonic Lost World is only one of the several gems already on and coming soon to Wii U!

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Oh but I do want to get the Wii U and play 3D World! Infact I'm very positive that the Wii U will outsell the PS4 and ONE But I'm having some personal problems right now and since I'm in India, I fear that if there is a blackout while my game is saving, I might lose all my save states so I'm really worried about that issue and that I'm waiting for a price drop which should happen around next year and move to a location where there won't be frequent blackouts.

But I don't want to get Lost World on Wii U because I already have the 3DS version where the story plays the same so really it doesn't matter to me. Besides, the 3DS version plays like a traditional Sonic game than the Wii U and I've heard a lot saying that the 3DS version is better than the Wii U.

I want Lost World 3DS because the Wii U one was so enjoyable and when I beat it, I was left wanting more! Anyways, I'm excited for 3D World too! It'll be the best Wii U game!

X and Zelda U would like to have a word with you.

I meant it'll be the best Wii U game of its time. Zelda U will definitely take its place though!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SomeCallMeJohnny and the Great Clement gave perfect reasons why the 3DS version sucks.

Well, he said he wasn't a fan of the Wii U version either, and I loved the Wii U version. If I loved the Wii U version, I doubt I'll hate the 3DS version.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

Titanics wrote:

The 3DS will not offer the same gameplay as the Wii U version, for the most matter.

Sonic's move sets are different, the level design is more puzzle oriented in later levels, there are Special Stages, different Wisps, and gyro controls for some areas. I know.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Knuckles

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

Wait, did I read that right on page 1? You can go Super Sonic by collecting 50 rings and double jumping after getting the emeralds?
If this is true, thank you SEGA for making this a regular unlockable in the series again.

Super Sonic's been unlockable again since Sonic Colors.

Thats what I meant, it could have been a 1 time only thing on Colors Wii, then anniversary on Generations, so with Super Sonic still being playable in Lost World, I was surprised.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

SammyOfMobius

Knuckles wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

Wait, did I read that right on page 1? You can go Super Sonic by collecting 50 rings and double jumping after getting the emeralds?
If this is true, thank you SEGA for making this a regular unlockable in the series again.

Super Sonic's been unlockable again since Sonic Colors.

Thats what I meant, it could have been a 1 time only thing on Colors Wii, then anniversary on Generations, so with Super Sonic still being playable in Lost World, I was surprised.

Eh, I'm not suprised. Super Sonic is even more of a standard part of the series now, and I like that!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

unrandomsam

Just played the 3DS demo and it could have been amazing if it was just a little bit more polished.

The Technical problems didn't stop me enjoying it (Like 3D Land).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

6ch6ris6

played the 3DS demo today. i think i never played a sonic game before and now i know why. demo felt like an alpha version. combat is just plain stupid and you can't go backwards in a level. i hate that
the section where sonic is running automatically were totally confusing for me. i had no idea what to do. couldnt figure out what were enemies and what were things i should collect.
the only cool thing i liked was the music. really catchy. visuals were lame too. very bad popups and levels lacked any soul or detail. okay it was just two levels from the beginnging. maybe later levels look better.
oh and the level design was boring. but again maybe later levels are better.

i dont think i want to play a sonic game again. felt like some sort of onrail-platformer. very weird

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Socar

The 3DS version in getting underrated in my opinion. I would give this a 7/10 instead. Its fun but its nothing that will drive you to play again like Colors.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

I thought the 3DS demo was quite good, still far away from the 3D perfect Sonic it getting hyped to be before the launch tho. I may pick up the game when I see it cheaper in a few months.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MastaToken

The 3DS version was beyond terrible. Felt like a chore more than having fun...you know...the reason why we buy video games in the first place.

~ Token
"Token is the mixup!" Omex 2013

Twitter:

Socar

MastaToken wrote:

The 3DS version was beyond terrible. Felt like a chore more than having fun...you know...the reason why we buy video games in the first place.

Yeah I agree that the 3DS version feels more like a chore than fun.

Oddly enough though, the 3ds version sold better than the Wii U version.......

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

Now that I completed both versions it's hard to say which one is better, both are just above the line of mediocrity.
But truthfully, I think those who claimed they played the demo have no right to speak because its clear the 3DS version has less polish. But if you go into later levels of the Wii U version, you will see a compilation of terrible level design.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

MastaToken

Artwark wrote:

MastaToken wrote:

The 3DS version was beyond terrible. Felt like a chore more than having fun...you know...the reason why we buy video games in the first place.

Yeah I agree that the 3DS version feels more like a chore than fun.

Oddly enough though, the 3ds version sold better than the Wii U version.......

I'd like to say that it's because A LOT more people own a 3DS than a Wii U (nothing worthwhile has come out for it until recently IMO) and the 3DS version is $10 less. Technically, 3DS version has more replay value since there's a hard mode (no rings in stage and seems like the removed somethings) but in actuality, outside of Windy Hill (all acts + tutorial), Sky Road 3, and Eggman Showdown...what stages was there any fun to do more than once?

Like selling my 3DS today to get a Wii U (beat Pokemon and Sonic which was why I brought it) to play Lost World and Mario 3D Land. It's just something about the Wii U version that gets me hype everytime I see it. Yeah, the bosses are way easier than 3DS version and some levels are short (3DS version kinda makes you go out of your way unnecessarily), but the level design in Wii U is what makes me want the game but then again, I'm getting back into speedrunning Sonic and I'm a Sonicfag.

~ Token
"Token is the mixup!" Omex 2013

Twitter:

RID1EY

SONIC LOST WORLD 3DS

4th Red Star Ring, Sky Road Zone 1

How do I get it?

Thanks

Switch: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS: 4141-8948-4277
Gamertag: rid1ey

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic