Flashy and fun!
Pilotwings titles have always been showpieces for Nintendo's new hardware, and Pilotwings Resort is no exception. It's clear from the moment you begin playing the game that the developers created the game in an effort to show off the fancy 3D visuals and analogue Circle Pad, and given the fact that it's been over 15 years since the...
And Game Freak's HarmoKnight
The latest batch of My Nintendo game discounts for Europe has now gone live, giving players the usual chance to grab a handful of games at reduced prices. There are four new discounts available this time around, including good old Professor Layton and Pilotwings Resort, which remains the newest game in the series eight...
Nintendo's 3DS family of console owes its success to its uncanny ability to appeal to players of all ages, but like so many of the company's products, the core of the range is designed around appealing to the younger end of the spectrum. Like the DS before it, the 3DS — and its sibling, the 2DS — is proving to be the perfect...
Flying, dressing up, fighting spirits and more
There was a certain big release over in North America at the weekend, but fear not Europeans! You get to find out what downloads are coming first, so that's one-up right there. We have a 3DS launch title flying in as a retail download, as well as offerings on every platform; you can check out the...
Capcom's brawler flies off store shelves
Well the Nintendo 3DS system has now been available in the UK for a mere four days, but the launch title sales figures have already started rolling in and there are actually a few surprises to be found. It's not often that we see a third-party offering manage to beat out Nintendo's first-party titles, but it...
PilotWings returns after a billion years
Another long-abandoned fan-favorite series, PilotWings debuted on SNES but hasn't seen the flight of day since the N64 launched way back in the mid-90's with the lovely PilotWings 64. But despite the series' rarity, the third installment, PilotWings Resort, which we were able to go hands-on with in Amsterdam...
Ocarina, Paper Mario, StarFox, PilotWings and more!
Information is great, but if a picture speaks a thousand words then we have several novels' worth of words for you to digest with brand new screenshots of 3DS games. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Steel Diver,
We play PilotWings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats and more!
Our intrepid reporters Darren and James made a trip to London's rather posh Millbank Tower yesterday to experience the one and only 3DS. First things first: there were no new titles available here, no new information about the 3DS and no word on its release date and pricing. It was simply a...
Hands on with Nintendo's amazing 3D portable
Any time there's an announcement of new video game hardware, a certain buzz is created. In all truth, you couldn't walk five feet on the streets of Los Angeles on the way to the Convention Center without hearing someone talking about Nintendo's upcoming 3DS system. Even the line for the Nintendo keynote...
Yes, there will be jetpacks
Time to date yourself, PilotWings fans: it's been 14 years since the series last saw a brand-new entry. That was PilotWings 64 in 1996, launching alongside the Nintendo 64. Why, some of you may not have even been alive then. But you're alive now (we think), and along with the announcement of the 3DS came the reveal of a...
Pilotwings Resort puts the player in the pilot’s seat as never before in this long-awaited three-dimensional update to the Pilotwings™ series!
Import your Mii™ characters from the Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker™ and explore Wuhu Island (the star of Wii Sports Resort™ and Wii Fit™ Plus) by plane, by hang glider and by rocket belt. Each vehicle type features unique controls that offer a different challenge. Complete around 40 challenging flight missions in Mission Mode to earn stars, or scour Wuhu Island for hundreds of collectible Extras in Free Flight Mode as you unlock interactive 3D Dioramas of various aircraft and famous island monuments.
Get a bird’s-eye view of familiar Wuhu Island sites – and a few new ones! You can even share your experiences with friends and family members by taking in-game photos and saving them to the Nintendo 3DS photo album. Pilotwings Resort is an aerial sports game gem that offers amazing 3D views of Wuhu Island.
- Soar through the skies over the tropical Wuhu Island in a hang glider, rocket belt or plane each with its own unique controls, distinct feel of flight and new game play
- Mission Mode and Free Flight Mode offer a wealth of activities, challenges and game play for gamers of all tastes. Leisurely soar around Wuhu Island and explore and catalogue points of interest, or fly competitively in missions that are based on time and points.
- Take control of an amazing 3D flying experience with your Mii characters. Pilotwings Resort pulls your personal Mii character from the Mii Maker application, and features the Mii as the star of this adventure.
- Pilotwings Resort features a breadth and depth of field that can only be achieved with the 3D effects of Nintendo 3DS, offering a feel and style of play never before seen in an aerial sports game.
- Share the fun with family and friends. You can snap photos of postcard-perfect locales on Wuhu Island with the hang glider in Free Flight Mode and as part of select challenges in Mission Flight Mode.
- Photos of your aerial adventures on Wuhu Island may be saved to the Nintendo 3DS photo album and shared with your friends and family.