Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 62,801 to 62,820 of 96,507

ogo79

@Kermit1
not really...
@NeonPizza it used to be really bad here with all the crying lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

tekoii

@Tyranexx Yea, pinball machines are pretty rad. I'm a sucker for them light gun games though, those are always a grand time. Oh snap.. I uncovered the spoilers, saw the chapter, and super quickly averted my eyes lol. You're already ahead of me. ><; Ahhh I'm glad you had a great time on your outing outside of the deluge xD

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Kermit1doesmath

@Tyranexx I want too, it'll help me deal emotionally with whatever the problem is (and from "where" it is it could be anything). I'm not worried because it's not in my control and I'm A-okay with needles.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Hope everything turns out okay and it turns out to be nothing major in the end.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

Are there any Batman games that are more family friendly. By family friendly, I mean no nudity and it there aren’t curse words everything three seconds. Kinda like Spider-Man ps4 if that helps.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel Uh hmm, besides the Lego Batman games not many and not that many good ones that are family friendly.

You could look at the first 2 Arkham games if you have the consoles there on.

Tasuki

@NeonPizza I totally get how you feel, I feel the same way. What's funny is the most commenting I do here are on no gaming threads stuff like the movie thread or the Dungeon and Dragons Thread. The gaming threads I don't have much to say, and when I do nobody replies or anything so it's like ok.

I will probably comment on the TMNT Collection thread like but that's cause it's something I can join in on. But when threads turn into I bought a retro game today, Super Mario Sunshine on GameCube I just don't have nothing to say except that's not Retro and then a mod tells me to stop arguing.

It is what it is but it just makes me wonder what happen to alot of the ones that would discuss the NES and SNES games, and why did they replace them with the GameCube Generation.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
I looked at them and it looks like the only one that might work is Arkham asylum. If you can skip cutscenes I might pick it up.

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel Yes you can, though a few can't be skipped mainly the opening and ending ones.

kinda sucks there aren't more family friendly Batman games.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Maxenmus

Tasuki wrote:

@NeonPizza I totally get how you feel, I feel the same way. What's funny is the most commenting I do here are on no gaming threads stuff like the movie thread or the Dungeon and Dragons Thread. The gaming threads I don't have much to say, and when I do nobody replies or anything so it's like ok.

I kinda feel the same way, but for me, the uncertainty of what to contribute in a discussion comes from my lack of interest in most Nintendo games like Mario, Zelda, or Pokémon, and I wouldn't blame anyone for calling that bizarre. I first came here because I did have Nintendo-related things I wanted to talk about, even if those things involved third-party games that were released on a Nintendo platform (SMT games on the 3DS and Switch) rather than Nintendo-developed games.

But what's more relevant to the point I'm trying to make is that I chose to stick around because of the cordial atmosphere I sensed at the beginning of my stay, not because I was deeply interested in Nintendo games. I was in a bad place mentally, and I wanted a friendly place to socialize. And even though there were a few rough experiences since my arrival, I do still believe that most people here are at least more affable than on other social media platforms, thus easier to talk to. So even if I couldn't find a connection with Nintendo fans who are discussing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or Splatoon 3, the existence of a friendly community is still important for me enough that I would want to stay. Otherwise, I would've abandoned it like I did with other toxic communities like YouTube and Reddit, which provided content that far interests me more than Nintendo games, but at the cost of interacting with very hostile people.

It is what it is, as you said. Not all people share the same interests here, but humans are social creatures that need that connection regardless. Despite everything else, I am grateful the connections found here are usually more comfortable than elsewhere.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Tasuki oh ya I forgot about that one, the DS version is pretty good too.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Nice, that's a good game to play when you're just starting to play the Mega Man series. Mega Man 3 was the one I started out with, however, since that game happened to be with our stockpile of hand-me-down NES games back in 2002.

That's cool Weezer did that video, I'll likely check it out at some point. I didn't hear about Raya being an official princess.

Absolutely, you didn't do anything wrong. Hopefully that teacher of yours learned her lesson - again, no pun intended, lol. That's awesome to hear you're feeling better as a cartoon fan. I also remember coming to shop for graphic tees, and I'd see tees that have various Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon characters.

I hope I can get the Genesis Mini 2, as well. That's funny you mentioned Puyo Puyo, I saw that same game via a livestream from Thabeast, who made an ongoing video series where he beats every N64 game. Looks like it's a demake, since it came out on the N64, PS1, and Saturn.

Cool to play Mario Kart with you again, by the way! Looking forward to the next time we race/battle each other.

@Kermit1 If you beat the Special Cup and rolled the credits, I'd say it counts!

@Tyranexx Ah OK, I didn't see any of the ones that came after the original trilogy. Yeah, it was surely for the best - it's a brand-new pinball machine after all! We're friends on Discord as well, so I could send you a private message showing where I'm at. Or I could see if I can indeed put a spoiler tag over images on Discord.

@tekoii Yeah absolutely. I was psyched when I won that first one!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tasuki

@Maxenmus I know what you mean as well community wise yes this is one of the best communities on the internet that I found, which is one reason I have stuck around. It kinds feels that I am being pushed out is all and not in a bad way it's just hard to be a part of a community when people don't engage you in conversation.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Maxenmus

@Tasuki I remember something my therapist told me, how it takes two to have a conversation. She gave me some advice about engaging with people whom I don't share any interest with, try to find why they like those interests or games, understand them as a person, and she said I might be able to find a connection from there.

I would like to think that's what I try to do as well, but more subtly. I see lots of people talking about Xenoblade, and so I added the first Xenoblade to my wishlist even though I've never played the games before. On a long enough timeline, in a community that's tight enough, we would eventually influence each other into checking out each other's interests. I think it takes time for us to get interested in what each other like. The problem is whether we could become close enough in the first place to be interested in the other person's likes. Because in order to have a conversation, we sometimes have to take the first step and get to know the other person first. It's definitely not easy, especially with my social anxiety. But it's a journey.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Snatcher

@blindsquarel The Arkham series had nudity? And I don’t think your going to get much luck. Batman is grittier then spider man, there not even comparable in tone.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

or this poor zoid that gets his heart ripped out of his chest by good old Fred head in A Nightmare On Elm street 3: Dream Warriors. lol One of the greatest horror movie sequels of all time hehe.

I really need to check out that film someday. I heard good things about it as early as when I started watching movies as a passion in my early 20s (as opposed to casual viewing). Heard that it was one of those rare horror sequels that did something fresh with the concept rather than rehash what came before.

NeonPizza wrote:

I couldn't get into any of them with the exception of New Pokmeon Snap which desperately needs to be in VR at a higher frame rate.

I might actually become more interested in New Pokémon Snap if it's in VR tbh. lol

Maxenmus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic