Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 2,547

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Thank you very much!

@Zuljaras Despite the seemingly simplistic nature of that cover I'm extremely happy with how it turned out in the end. And Canva's an online graphic design software. It's not at all like Adobe Illustrator; I relied on pre-existing assets and graphics to make this. One area it has over Illustrator is that the stylistic font choices are very diverse, so there's a number of messages one can convey.

@CactusMan I've taken that into account and I believe it works very well, and have implemented it. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope my passion can translate into quality.

Here's the revision of it, it has a bit more text but that'll remain a work in progress unless I find a good angle. I edited out my school's logo for obvious reasons.

Untitled

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

@TheJGG I do not know any of those programs My drawing path through the years looks like that:

Real Paper >>> MS Paint (best drawing software on the world!) >>> GIMP >>> Corel Painter >>> Photoshop >>> ProCreate

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

So all the buildings are done finally! I am still not sure about the magnets. I might just put sockets in the terrain for each building.

Untitled
Untitled

jedgamesguy

Wow, @Zuljaras you’re extremely good at using clay. Applying the smaller details must have been very painstaking.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, I have to agree with @TheJGG about the detail. I used to work on the smallest of figures myself at one point, half a lifetime ago, but honestly speaking, I really don't know if I'd still be able to find the patience for it, nowadays.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras You're very welcome. And I can definitely imagine that feeling, after having put that much time into it. Success always feels all the greater after such an effort.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

VoidofLight

I'm slowly trying to learn how to draw humans properly, as my main goal is to draw characters I'm using in my writing and stuff. However, I'm mostly just drawing heads over and over again until I feel like I'm at a good point to start drawing the rest.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

Untitled
A young adult Anthro Blue Macaw in his age 22 years old. He has big body and pretty tough defense as Sky Boxer. He has old brother Red Macaw as his manager to get trained as Sky Boxer. In his part time job, he works as cafe owner, along with his brother Red Macaw.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

VoidofLight wrote:

I'm slowly trying to learn how to draw humans properly, as my main goal is to draw characters I'm using in my writing and stuff. However, I'm mostly just drawing heads over and over again until I feel like I'm at a good point to start drawing the rest.

@VoidofLight What kind of writing do you do?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

I've updated my yearbook cover design candidate, moved stuff around and added a back page!

Untitled

Untitled

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mr-Fuggles777

@Zuljaras love those, the bottom one has a toxic avenger vibe to it.

Unfortunately because you posted some decent artwork, we will be getting some form of chibby topless dude posted any minute

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

jedgamesguy

I was waiting for someone to post so I didn't triple-post...

@Zuljaras Your work is up to very high standards so as ThanosReXXX said over on the Chit-Chat thread I'm no longer surprised by your amazing artwork! Not a bad thing at all, because that's the quality we've come to expect!

@Mr-Fuggles777 Wait for it... wait for it...

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

@Mr-Fuggles777 I think we have to wait a bit for that now so it is not that obvious

@TheJGG I really like the bottom one!

I will have more coming next week as this weekend it was more about relaxing like going to the theatre and playing Resident Evil 6

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras I spent three weeks on the top one and today I was told I had to do a back cover as well. But I had a quick stroke of inspiration and within thirty minutes I made the second one. I like the back more than the front, because the colours on the back are just so rich. As much effort as I put into the front, it has school colours that limited my ability.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I’m trying to write my own novel. I’ve been working on planning it out for years, and I’ve got it to the point where I’m happy with it, so all that’s really left for me is to document my ideas then work on my writing skills.

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight That’s honestly a really, really great challenge! I’m writing a book as well but I’ve written so much over two years that I’ve gotten massively burnt out. Mine’s a nonfiction history of Nintendo. What kind of book are you writing, how long is it, and do you think you’ll get it published?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Mine's a dark fantasy book that I'm aiming to write about themes of loss, human morality, and a few other things about it. Right now I can't say really how long it is, but I aim to at least have it split up into three sections, and as for publishing, I want to get my work out there eventually, but first I should probably make sure that my writing quality is pretty good, and that I can tackle the themes I'm trying to handle in a accurate light.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic