Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 2,677

Hylogenesith

I’m looking to buy a new game for my 3DS and I am mostly interested in a game like Animal Crossing. I own New Leaf, but I am ready to try something new.

• Creating my own character
  • Getting to play with others (online, not local)
  • Nice textures, I like having something nice to look at.

What are your recommendations? I have looked into Fantasy Life, Story of Seasons, and that’s about it. I almost bought Ultra Sun this morning, but I already have a Pokémon game and US didn’t meet my standards and I guess I should have expected that, it’s a Pokémon game, not animal crossing. I really liked the graphics and character customization of US, though, just not the online feature. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tamagotchi are cool and so are you!

3DS friend code: 3970-0902-2118
Name: Hanna
Xbox: Hylogenesith
Pokémon Go code: 8665 0742 5319

3DS Friend Code: 3970-0902-2118

Shadeon_Koopa

@OnlineWithHanna If you're still deciding, Fantasy Life is excellent (just seen it available as a My Nintendo (UK) discount at the moment for 50% off).
12 jobs to progress with, very likeable characters and a ton of content. The DLC (Origin Island) is well worth the asking price too.

Playing: Picross S+ (Switch), Balatro (Steam)
Next: Logiart Grimoire (1.0 release, Steam; I backed this on Kickstarter!)

My Nintendo: *Lola* | Nintendo Network ID: Shadeon_Koopa

Tyranexx

I noticed yesterday that in the newest rotation of My Nintendo's discount offerings (North America) that Pushmo (Pullblox for you EU/AU folks) is up for discount. It looks like a sliding block puzzle game that vaguely reminds me of both Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Catherine. Would this be worth my Rupees? I remember eying it back in the day but passed it over at the time.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx Yes! If you like puzzle games it's absolutely worth your time.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Late

@Tyranexx Absolutely. It was my favorite 3DS game back when it came out. The later levels are brutal. I got close to 100% but the last few were so hard that I eventually gave up.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

WoomyNNYes

Is Kingdom Hearts 3DS hard? I tried the demo, and that flying dash mechanic seems really squirrelly & tough to control or use. Also, I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game. Edit: this Kingdom Hearts 3D is gorgeous looking & charming, though.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I bought Kingdom Hearts 3DS since November 2013 but never finished.
Stuck in Traverse Town, have no idea to continue and those Blitz movements were too complicated. 😩
I stopped play KH 3DS since then but i still keep the game, just in case.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Dogorilla, @Late I do like puzzle games when in the right mindset, and I really am intrigued by the game's mechanics. The mentioned difficulty with some later puzzles makes me think I won't be 100%ing the game...at least not right away lol. I don't recall why I passed it up back then....I was in college at the time, so it might've been my cash situation.

Thanks for the feedback! The more I read/watch about it, the more I like. I think I will be redeeming this discount. Can't complain about losing 50 platinum coins! (They usually expire anyway)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

f0rmless

Hi, I've been gaming since the 80s. I have been collecting games since the early 2000s including NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation 1, N64, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, etc...

...but I skipped on the DS and 3DS until now.

I just ordered a refurbished 2ds (flat) from Nintendo (hey they're only $50 right now) and I'm excited to dive into a library I know very little about.

Here are a few of my favorite games Castlevania (2d series), Metroid (series), Super Mario World, Street Fighter 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Quake (series), Tetris, Metal Gear Solid (series), Tony Hawk Pro Skater (series) Skate (series), Tecmo Super Bowl, Shinobi (series), Turtles in Time, Wipeout (series), Bushido Blade, Half Life 2, Titanfall 2, Dark Souls (series), Far Cry 3, The Witcher 3

What would you recommend?

f0rmless

Ninfan

anyone playing fantasy pirates online?

Ninfan

PlusUltra

@f0rmless

Kid icarus uprising maybe. Im curious what 3ds games have you tried thus far.

PlusUltra

BongoBongo123

@f0rmless The 3ds Shinobi remake is good. In terms of Castlevania and Metroid I'd say Shantae and the Pirates Curse which is a great metroidvania. Also Xeodrifter, and Shovel Knight.

I've got to give a shout to Zelda Ocarina of time 3d since it is one of the biggest action adventure games on the system, and if you like Ocarina and finish it Majora's Mask is it's sequel and is also top quality.

In terms of exclusives there's loads of great rpgs if you're into them.

BongoBongo123

Krull

Virtue’s Last Reward is just £3.99 on the UK eShop at the moment - I picked it up a few days ago. Haven’t played 999 yet, though, so I’m going to start with that one - eventually.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BongoBongo123

What's the most accessible/best Shin Megami Tensei game on 3ds? Ive heard good things about this series for ages now.

BongoBongo123

Krull

@BongoBongo123 I have been where you are now, and can pretty confidently say Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. That’s what most people recommended to me. For an SMT title, it has a solid difficulty curve, with no major spikes, and features some of the best gameplay in the series. The cast of characters is a bit goofy, but that makes it feel less overbearing. I beat it just a few weeks ago, and had a blast. One of the best games I’ve played all year.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BongoBongo123

@Krull Yeah it looks really cool and has dark vibes. Definitely will check it out at some point.

BongoBongo123

TheWingedAvenger

The 3DS has the best turn-based RPG of all time: Dragon Quest VIII.

It also has the best action RPG of all time: Zelda Ocarina of Time.

You could certainly make an argument for Dragon Quest XI and Zelda Breath of the Wild, but it would be a close call.

More 3DS must-haves are Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Rayman 3D, Rayman Origins and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

TheWingedAvenger

Losermagnet

I'm thinking of getting Etrian Odyssey V or Nexus. Any recommendations? I was a big fan of IV.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TeamRocket47

I got a $25 Gamestop gift card yesterday, and wanted to spend it on either DKC Returns 3D, or Pokemon Sun. I've played a good amount of platformers, but the only RPG I've ever played was Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (and only the first half-ish). Which do you guys prefer?

TeamRocket47

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic