Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 4,852

gcunit

@grizzgolf Still active.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

grizzgolf

gcunit wrote:

@grizzgolf Still active.

Thanks! I want to buy a switch but Im waiting for my Tax Return but I am in the mood for some Mario Kart

grizzgolf

grizzgolf

I'm going back to MK8 on the Wii U today while I wait to try and find a switch. I hope its really active.

grizzgolf

RockmanCosmo

It's still pretty active in the Worldwide online portion, but regional online only has a couple of players.

Like Mega Man? Like LEGO? Then take a look at my LEGO Flutter airship on LEGO Ideas!
https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/6fae1868-2b38-4b40-8c91-335b05226540

WoomyNNYes

@ethanmraz Maybe MK8 online races are cross platform Wii-U & Switch? Which could explain why Wii-U MK8 online racing is still so active.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Maaryotyme

@WoomyNNYes I’d strongly doubt it’s cross platform. Would Nintendo make you pay a subscription to play mk8 online for switch while keeping it free for Wii u owners.

Maaryotyme

WoomyNNYes

LetsaGO wrote:

@WoomyNNYes I’d strongly doubt it’s cross platform. Would Nintendo make you pay a subscription to play mk8 online for switch while keeping it free for Wii u owners.

They're both Nintendo consoles. It's not like cross platform between Playstaion and Nintendo. If the Nintendo consoles have common OS features, and both run MK8, I could see it making sense. You could be right, though

EDIT: Now that I think about it. If Wii-u mk8 online is still active, then it's less incentive to buy a Switch. And Nintendo want's you to buy a Switch. You're probably right.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

alexplanet2002

That was the sickest mario kart game I ever played. Would anyone like to play online sometime?

Alex Lippeatt

Snatcher

IDk if anyone still is here but if so can I have some pro tips on how to get better for the tournament this week? my last game was mario kart I used to be really good at in but I just got 8 and i kinda suck so cany anyone out there give me the best pro tips you have, and I know how to press A drift break drift-break so plz help me. (wow I said to much)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher

1. Be fast: know the shortcuts, know the tracks (do time trials? try to get toward the top tier of the available time trial ghosts of other players)
2. Use defensive items: always drag a shell, or banana behind the kart to protect from being shot. You can't get 3 star grand prix ratings without doing that, and it applies to online.

have to eat dinner.... I'll be back with set up recommendations if someone else doesn't help.

'Tendo liker

Blooper987

@Snatcher watch the world records on 150 cc of every track to learn the strats. Make sure you’re not using the steering correction ( it makes shortcuts harder ). Use the best kart combination. Familiarize yourself with how every item works and when you should use them. A lot of it’ll come down to how good you already are and how lucky you get with opponents, items, tracks etc.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes thanks so much I use tonoki mario sorry if i spelled that worng.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

WoomyNNYes

@snatcher

Heavy weight characters have highest top speed and are harder to bump off a track. I personally like mid-heavy weight characters, Donkey Kong or Waluigi. But you'll see all records are set with heavy weight characters like, bowswer, wario, metal mario, roy, morton. And when you play online, you may notice most people who win often don't use light weight characters.
(If you do 200cc, it's a different strategy, choose light weight charaters like shy guy, because heavies can't turn well in 200cc.)

Always drift. Get those drift boosts. Pasted video to play at amusing time stamp explaining when to drift

EDIT: I'm not sure what setup to tell you to use. I use DK, pipe kart, little rollers wheels(or the Slim wheels) a lot. Standard glider. A lot of that is preference. But the higher handling wheels like little rollers build up drift boosts fastest. And I win a lot with little rollers & slims. You can use wheels with higher top speed, but they don't build up drift boosts as fast, and if you get hit, you're slower to get back up to speed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Since Tanooki mario is a mid weight character, you may have a harder time winning against mid-heavy and heavy weight characters. If you want an edge, and get tempted to try another character, try bigger characters. I love love Luigi, but I can't win with him as often as with waluigi & donkey kong. And if I lose a lot with them, and get desperate, I'll grab roy, metal mario, bowser, wario.

No matter how good you are, though, you can't win all the time online, because sometimes blue shells or weapons will get you. But when you are good, you will win more often. than others Or win most of the time.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I like waluigi and dry bowser should I start playing them, and do you think I should get all the kart parts and gold mario then join the tournament I want to try to get 25 bucks.

Edited on by Snatcher

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Dry bowser is good too. Gold parts don't have special stats. So, they don't give you an edge. The racing slicks are same stats as gold wheels. Gold glider stats are the same as super glider. And there's nothing special about gold kart stats.

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes ok so who do you think i should play next? i'm thinking waluigi. And that video help alot didn't know that till now always drift.

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher The only thing that can give you an edge is skill, maximizing drift boosts, getting faster track times, and using defensive items to pretect from getting shot. ...and a decent kart setup that isn't weak.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Thanks for all your help I think i'm going to go with Rosalina waluigi and the bowsers I will try to get better and who know I may get top 8 or get better trying.

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Waluigi is good. Like I said above, I usually use donkey kong or walugi (mid-heavy weight characters), and if I loose a bunch, and get desperate, I'll grab a heavy weight character. If you like a heavy weight character, and are good with them, and competing, stick with it, they are the fastest.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic