Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,675

VoidofLight

I'm kind of sad that they won't just remake 6, and opted to remaster it instead. It would've been a really good game to get a 2D-HD remake.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

I can't believe this is a mobile game...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I can't believe that they refuse to bring it to switch, when it's not even graphically intensive to run.

BruceCM

With the bit about Nintendo & Forever Entertainment being involved in games from SE, it's pretty certain they'll come to Switch .... The games don't look like remasters in the usual sense, since they've clearly redone all the graphics from scratch!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

I'm finally up to FF 6 on my main series run and wow what a good one this is! I haven't played it in a good while but it's just reminding me how sad it is that these early games aren't even on the switch. Then square had to give us the big middle finger and put them on steam and mobile only. Oh well i guess my Mini Snes will do just fine.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

Oh, FFVI on Steam has updated it's store page .... "This game will no longer be available for purchase after July 27, 2021. Instead, please purchase the pixelated remaster version of "FINAL FANTASY VI," coming soon." Along with FFIII & IV saying '3D remaster' on there, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Guess they will also delist the original 2D remakes from the other stores too.

It worries me to think they'll keep the high prices. If they do, these better come with all the extra content the other versions have.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

VoidofLight wrote:

I can't believe that they refuse to bring it to switch, when it's not even graphically intensive to run.

100% this. I'm fine with it coming to mobile and PC. It just baffles me that it isn't hitting other platforms at the same time.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx @VoidofLight @Eel @Slowdive I wonder if it’s because of the over convenience of having the first twelve mainline Final Fantasy games on console? Other than that I have absolutely no idea what the thought process behind this is. The nature of this collection, being pixelated and therefore very small, means the Switch is without QUESTION the best platform this could have come out on.

I would have understood if it was a PlayStation exclusive because Square are notorious for their exclusivity deals with Sony, but come on. @BruceCM has a good spot, it’s easy to figure out that’s the release date of the pixel remaster…

Come on Square, stop throwing away easy cash.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

You don’t want that port.

If they’re ever gonna reintroduce Chrono Trigger into the modern world, it’ll require an actual good port or remake. And I’m sure they know that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Eel wrote:

It worries me to think they'll keep the high prices. If they do, these better come with all the extra content the other versions have.

Well, it at least looks like they're putting a lot of work into the upcoming versions ..... Then, if you think they are too much on release, you can wait until they go on sale! I'm sure they'll be coming to at least Switch & it certainly wouldn't be surprising for them to come to the other consoles
It's not going to be a huge team working on these, so that's probably why they can't do simultaneous releases on everything! There is some work involved in porting games, you know

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Now I, II, V, and VI have been updated on mobile, they now include "(Old Ver.)" in the names, are have been (will be?) removed from sale.

The games profiles also say the versions will continue to be downloadable and playable for people who already own them, but that they won't be offering new compatibility updates in the future.

I'm certainly glad they decided to spare the 3D remakes, since they have their charm and uniqueness to them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

TheJGG wrote:

I wonder if it’s because of the over convenience of having the first twelve mainline Final Fantasy games on console?

The convenience is why I'm very surprised it hasn't been announced for the Switch...yet anyway. The whole situation makes even less sense than any proposed Sony exclusivity you mention.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheFrenchiestFry

They have to reference that Garland line in FF Origin

I know it's only there because of Nintendo's censorship policy back then when it came to localizations but it's freaking hilarious

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry what's the line? I never played the original.

VoidofLight

What's the original line they censored?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic