Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 361 to 380 of 923

I-U

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Hunter's is me stretching it, I guess since everybody is out to kill you, then it might be solitude, but if we're talking about the lonely atmosphere, you're not really alone, just everybody hates your guts.

I don't know what definition of solitude the Metroid fanbase has been using for years, but to me, it has meant being alone. The only Metroid game from start to finish that seems to encompass solitude is Metroid II. There is no intelligent hostile force working against her nor are there any active allies to be found on SR388. Metroid 1 is almost there, but the mission revolves around taking out the hostile presence of Mother Brain, that has a role on Zebes that makes the whole planet seem against Samus. Every other entry to me....is not about solitude, though they all do have quality moments of solitude. Regarding Federation Force, if you're playing alone, there really shouldn't be a difference between its level of solitude compared to the overall series. Anyways, solitude, in my opinion, has never been a central element of Metroid beyond 1991.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Also didn't help that nintendo's direct and E3 in general was poorly presented.. say this got revealed last E3, it would've earned more wows probably.

No it wouldn't have, my point is that the content wouldn't have earned wows at all regardless of what they did. It might have been inoffensive (or at least until they inevitably revealed they're not working on Prime 4, which would attract a lot more hate towards the game), but it certainly wouldn't wow people. But either way, the game just isn't very appealing to the fanbase at all, the idea (or at least the execution of the idea) is simply unappealing.

I think if a console Metroid game was announced along with FF people would have been more receptive of FF. I know I am excited for FF but understand others aren't.

Again, most of the fanbase probably isn't going to be receptive of the game regardless, at best they're going to tolerate it while focusing on the main series.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Also didn't help that nintendo's direct and E3 in general was poorly presented.. say this got revealed last E3, it would've earned more wows probably.

No it wouldn't have, my point is that the content wouldn't have earned wows at all regardless of what they did. It might have been inoffensive (or at least until they inevitably revealed they're not working on Prime 4, which would attract a lot more hate towards the game), but it certainly wouldn't wow people. But either way, the game just isn't very appealing to the fanbase at all, the idea (or at least the execution of the idea) is simply unappealing.

I think if a console Metroid game was announced along with FF people would have been more receptive of FF. I know I am excited for FF but understand others aren't.

Again, most of the fanbase probably isn't going to be receptive of the game regardless, at best they're going to tolerate it while focusing on the main series.

And that is why if another Metroid game was announced, people wouldn't be so focused on this game. The other game would be taking up space in their brain while this one came and went. Because there isn't that other game and, from the sounds of it, the next game is pretty far away it has created a lot of unjustified hate for this game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

Anyone else remember that shooter X-Com game that everyone immediately hated? I'm reminded of that.

Hopefully that means a more traditional Metroid game will be announced in the next year. Hopefully this is a better game than that shooter X-com thing. Apparently that game was kinda just a terrible Mass Effect clone.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

And that is why if another Metroid game was announced, people wouldn't be so focused on this game. The other game would be taking up space in their brain while this one came and went. Because there isn't that other game and, from the sounds of it, the next game is pretty far away it has created a lot of unjustified hate for this game.

That doesn't mean people are more receptive. Receptive means that the fanbase would have a positive impression of the game, and that's not what would happen, they'd just ignore it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

That doesn't mean people are more receptive. Receptive means that the fanbase would have a positive impression of the game, and that's not what would happen, they'd just ignore it.

You and I never agree about anything... so lets just stop now lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I think you're totally right. If they had said they were making Metroid Prime 4, people would be much more accepting of Federation Force. Look at Prime Pinball. That would have ripped the internet asunder if we had gone 6+ years without a normal Metroid game. But it was released in 2005 in the NA, when we got the announcement that Metroid Prime 3 was happening. No one cared because they knew they were getting what they wanted in the near future, so the spinoff was able to be taken for what it is instead of what it wasn't. I can say I think Federation Force would be pretty celebrated if right before or after it, we even just got a logo saying "Metroid Prime 4" or insert 2D metroid title here.

TuVictus

Araquanid

The problem is that there isn't a prime 4 in the works, and a 2D metroid is handled seperately from the primes. They would be lying if they said there was, and even so fans were still pissed since no prime 4 was confirmed days after the riot started.

The other part of the metroid developers announcing a 2d would sugar coat this, but the majority wouldn't even care as much as for a prime game. Plus, I doubt a 2D would come anyway, since Other M was the first and most recent nonprime game to not be 2D. They might make a regular metroid for a late wii u title or NX window launch.

Personally I was hoping they'd do something like other M for the wii u, but less talking and kinda like star fox zero, it's first person on the game pad and 3rd on the TV.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

TuVictus

Never said there was. All I said is things would have gone smoothly if there were.

TuVictus

Socar

Seeing as the pitch that Nintendo now has seen from mercury, do you think that Yoshio Sakamoto would like this concept and make it a reality for a new Metroid game by removing FF?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Octane

Artwark wrote:

Seeing as the pitch that Nintendo now has seen from mercury, do you think that Yoshio Sakamoto would like this concept and make it a reality for a new Metroid game by removing FF?

What? If you think that Sakamoto (despite the fact that he has nothing to do with the Prime series) is going to cancel FF in favour of a game that Nintendo themselves turned down.

Ehm..

No.

Octane

TuVictus

Never heard of those developers. If it was between NLG and them, definitely NLG is the way to go

TuVictus

Araquanid

lmao, why remove FF when you can have both is my question..

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

@Operative: Thing is NLG is only skilled in games that are Mario most of the time besides Punch Out.

By looking at the visuals, this looks like a serious Mario world rather than a Metroid world.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Well I guess they wanted to ruin the other half of Metroidvania. Wonder what games they would rip-off for this one?

Federation Force looks great compared to that idea. Ugh.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hendesu

Every time I look at this game, more reasons why to not buy this. It's a crappy shooter with the name Metriod. The graphics look like they came from the Gamecube, the story doesn't involve Samus at all, and the music sounds like garbage. I rather play Mario hotel than this piece of dog crap. This game is nothing but a quick buck for Nintendo. I might as well buy FFXV instead.
Also, I can finally say that the Metriod franchise is finally dead.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

@NightmareEater: Well that's a pity.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MsJubilee

@NightmareEater: You will admit Metriod is dead,but not Castlevania? LOL!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Araquanid

NightmareEater wrote:

and the music sounds like garbage.

Oml, where is the Metroid Prime: FF soundtrack.. cause I don't think it even exist yet!

My Shinies

NintendoFan64

NightmareEater wrote:

Every time I look at this game, more reasons why to not buy this. It's a crappy shooter with the name Metriod. The graphics look like they came from the Gamecube, the story doesn't involve Samus at all, and the music sounds like garbage. I rather play Mario hotel than this piece of dog crap.

...Really? You think that this looks so bad, that it makes Hotel Mario look good? You think that this makes what is to be considered one of the most absolute piece of sh*t things to ever be related to Nintendo, AND one of, if not THE absolute worst Mario game of all time, look decent? I understand you not liking the game, but for God's sakes, man! Have you even played the game? How do you know if it's that bad?
@TwilightAngel: Now, now. There is that poll Konami's doing...then again, it'll most likely just result in another pachinko machine.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Sorry, this topic has been locked.