Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 121 to 140 of 273

eripmav

Cheers guys. I'm hoping we can carry on the Trilogy, especially seeing as there's so much love for it!

eripmav

turtlelink

This seems great. I'm wondering if is should just get the last in the series or all 3.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

retired_account

That's funny, because this game isn't even on the NA Nintendo Channel. I haven't checked it today, though, so it might have updated.

retired_account

CoffeeWithGames

I should be downloading this title here in about an hour or so.
I haven't purchased a flying game...ever, so I'm hoping I enjoy it.

*EDIT:!
I take that back, I purchased Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II as my first GameCube game, and really enjoyed it.

Edited on by CoffeeWithGames

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

eripmav

Ahh bless you CoffeewithGames, i look forward to hearing how you find it:)

eripmav

Hardy83

Just got the game now. Best part is in free flight trying to go out of bounds, apparently all planes are equipped with remote self destruct mechanisms.

Also being able to land and do a Sunday drive by a military base or just look at the trees and (sometimes floating) buildings.

Good game, worth the buy, I mean come on, it's 7 bucks.

I hope the sequel, or sequels are some aerial maneuvers, at least one of them have online multiplayer and perhaps the option to control an anti-air turret, a naval ship or something in a few missions and though some people might protest it, it would be interesting to see the bombing run on Nagasaki and Hiroshima at least from a quasi educational perspective, course video games offend far more than recreating historic atomic bombings...

I'm assuming they'll be sequels right? Considering this thing is number 4 on the charts and you already have the engine and everything up and running for it. You're rolling around in dough now right? lol At least enough to fix your car or whatever.

Hardy83

eripmav

Oddly, we don't actually know how the charts are calculated.

Nice points for Ep2 if we generate enough to go ahead with it. You should copyright them quick, or I'll steal them! Glad you're enjoying the game though Hardy83, it's always a buzz to hear from someone giving some positive spin!

eripmav

irken004

If ur taking ideas for the next episodes, maybe add some pilots named after some NL users?

eripmav

haha, I like that:) Could be a nice competition!

eripmav

Aviator

I think im already in the game. Though for the next episode, there should either be a Lady GaGa plane, or a plane customization thingo.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Hardy83

Bah, steal my ideas all you want. lol I'm not a game designer so these ideas have no use to me and I doubt I'll ever get a job in PR/Marketing in gaming in crap town Ottawa Canada to even suggest ideas like that. lol

Also it would be interesting to know how the top 20 charts are calculated, but considering how high you are, I'm guessing your first cheque will be pretty nice.

Hardy83

retired_account

I second anti-air turrets and manning gunships. And whichever episode has online play, it'd be really cool to have a custom logo feature (ie paint your logo with the Wii remote).

retired_account

Kartio

There should be bonus mission or game mode in part 3 where you must drop atom bomb to Hiroshima or Nagasagi. There is target somewhere in ground and you get more poits if you get the bomb near the target . Of course the bomb is tricky to get to the target.

Nintendo Network ID: Kartio

eripmav

Less than 24hrs to go til AU and EU release, exciting times:)

@Hardy83, I do PR and I live in a place called Bolton in England. Not exactly a videogames mecca!

eripmav

Aviator

Okay, pull out your pen and paper eripmav.

This is a great game, and you made me turn on my Wii to play in over a week, so Kudo's. I really like all the comic menu stuff, it all looks so purrrtyy. Would be super awesome if you turned one of the sequels into a future war and made it all cel shaded cartoon graphics.

The only problem I have is the lack of an overheat bar. Your shooting till suddenly you get an overheat message. It would be nice if there was some way of telling when you overheat, especially for the shoot at all times people like me.

Also, is there an alternate path to each mission, cause the mission asks for me to defend a ship, and I fail, yet complete the mission later?

Anyways, good work.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Bassman_Q

@Aviator- When u keep holding the machine gun button, the screen will start to turn a redish hue. Eventually after it gets red enough, it will start saying "Overheat." Hope that helps.

@eripmav- I'd like to congratulate u once again at such n excellent game. Oh, and which guy are you in the credits?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Aviator

Ahh, thanks for that.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

CoffeeWithGames

Qwikman wrote:

@eripmav- I'd like to congratulate u once again at such n excellent game. Oh, and which guy are you in the credits?

I believe he's the PR guy listed, Dan Muir...and I will say, I think he's done an awesome job communicating with us on the message board! I play some more of the game last night, and I'm about to here in a bit again!

Edited on by CoffeeWithGames

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.