Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,990

DanMan82

Should I get COD Ghosts or Black Ops 2 for Wii U? Which is a better game?

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

BearHunger

@citizenerased

8BitSamurai wrote:

Sonic Generations
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Not all of the games in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (AKA Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection) are great, but there are forty-nine games. It was easily worth the twenty dollars I spent on it.

Another game worth looking into is Sonic Unleashed. This game is what convinced me to buy a PS3 in the first place, because it is enormously fun. It's a lot like Sonic Generations, but with less streamlining, greater focus (feels more like a full adventure and less like a set of levels unrelated to each other), and a much better, albeit inconsistent, frame rate (60fps at best, something horrible at worst). I wouldn't recommend jumping in without first doing some research, though. It has some glaring flaws, such as quicktime events, and neither mode of gameplay may appeal to everyone. I recommend first watching some videos and then deciding if the end product appeals to you.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

DiscoDriver43

So, can anyone recommend me a fighting game on the PS3 that is easy to learn something that isn't too complex with it's combos like Marvel vs. Capcom?

Or some good acrade style racing game on PSN and or PS3?

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Tasuki

@DiscoDriver43: Well there are several good fighting games on the PS3 Street Fighter IV is good if you are a fan of the classic SF series. I also heard that Mortal Kombat is good too. The one that I really like is Injustice: Gods Among Us, I have probably sunk more time into that then any other fighting game. Even if you are not a big DC fan there is alot to do. Definitely worth checking out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DiscoDriver43

oh yeah i did enjoy injustice from what i played in my friend's house. does the ps3 have the Ultimate Edition though?

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

WesCash

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

So, can anyone recommend me a fighting game on the PS3 that is easy to learn something that isn't too complex with it's combos like Marvel vs. Capcom?

The newest Mortal Kombat (2011) is a lot of fun and doesn't have any crazy combos. I'm not a big fighting game fan but I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's much more methodical than some of the spam-fest fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom. Soul Calibur 2 HD is also a great option, the controls are pretty intuitive.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

DiscoDriver43

So, what about some Arcade style games besides Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed and it's prequel and Crash Team Racing? Any recommendations on the PSN and PS3?

8BitSamurai

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

So, what about some Arcade style games besides Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed and it's prequel and Crash Team Racing? Any recommendations on the PSN and PS3?

Ridge Racer Type 4

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

DiscoDriver43

Ridge Racer Type Four is a blast. I'm on a Ridge Racer fever. What are some good Ridge Racer games?

8BitSamurai

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Ridge Racer Type Four is a blast. I'm on a Ridge Racer fever. What are some good Ridge Racer games?

The PSP ones, for sure. Ridge Racer 6 and 7 as well.

citizenerased

I'm thinking of picking up a Wii U, to play multiplayer games with the girlfriend. So I need recommendations for local multiplayer games on Wii U, preferably co-op, but otherwise is fine too. Games have to be out by this summer.

Here's what I got so far, on my to-buy list:

Super Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Trine 2, NSMBU, NintendoLand, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

I'd also like some impressions on those latter 2, if anyone's played them co-operatively. Worth it? Wonderful 101 looks a little (too) hectic in multiplayer.

And any any local multiplayer games on PS3? Not shooters. I thought of Portal 2, Trine and Guacamelee.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

citizenerased

Sure, but I think I have the usual suspects, my Wii game collection is about 50 titles strong. I might have missed some rare WiiWare jewels, though.

8BitSamurai

Fortune Street, perhaps? Not too obscure, but not one everybody like to talk about.

citizenerased

Hmmm I'll have a look into that one, thanks!

DiscoDriver43

Ok. I'm planning on taking my cousin to the movies this weekend. I'm kind of mixed between Rio 2, Transidence, and Captain America: Winter Solider. what movie should i watch?

Electricmastro

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Ok. I'm planning on taking my cousin to the movies this weekend. I'm kind of mixed between Rio 2, Transidence, and Captain America: Winter Solider. what movie should i watch?

Captain America, definitely.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Galvanic_Arcvn

I'm currently thinking about whether or not I should buy Professor Layton and The Lost Future for the ds, only the problem is that my ds has a fault right on the bottom left hand corner of the touch screen that stops it from responding input properly. Will this make the menu and/or some puzzles unplayable or are there conventional button alternatives I can use?

Galvanic_Arcvn

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic