Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 101 to 120 of 13,141

Objection

I finished Gantz and wow, that was an awful ending. I had no problem with the filler ending until it decided to just...end...without explaining anything, even what had just happened. Fail. I've moved onto the manga in hopes that it will end better. (Since the anime only adapts the first 8 volumes or so and then has filler for the last 4 episodes before suddenly and stupidly ending.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

SMEXIZELDAMAN

At my library sometimes they have anime days and we watch anime! . The Black Cat seems like a pretty good series

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Objection

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

At my library sometimes they have anime days and we watch anime! . The Black Cat seems like a pretty good series

Wish mine did that. I read Black Cat (manga) and it was good in the beginning and ok through the end. I've ehard the anime is quite different in several aspects but it's too expensive around here so I'm waiting till later to see it.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

do you have anime books and movies at ur library? i just check em out from the library

God loves you

Terra

I just watched Perfect Blue. Good film but man, that was quite confusing at times. I was thinking about watching Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade next as I heard it was a really good film but as it's part of Mamoru Oshii's Kerberos saga, I was wondering if anyone on here knew whether I need to be familiar with other parts of the Kerberos saga to properly understand the film or whether it works as a stand alone film.

Terra

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Anime is cool!
@Terranigma can u give me that link on the site of how to draw anime? Is there a site to watch all the naruto episodes?

God loves you

Lombax42

I tend to go for some of the crazier series out there. I think Ranma 1/2 is one of the best shows out there, and Excell Saga was totally insane! I also liked Get Backers, and someday I might look into UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie if I can spare the cash.

I'm a lifelong gamer who'll play just about anything that sounds good, regardless of reviews. My Backloggery is still a work in progress, but when it's done you'll know what I mean.
My Backloggery
DIY FC:5414-2316-5886

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@Terranigma it was on one other anime thread and some guy gave you a link

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

God loves you

Terra

I might look into Cyborg 009, Looks good. I just watched both the Vampire Hunter D films and after watching Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, I'm going to watch some of the Ghibli films, among other films. I've started looking into some of the more lesser known stuff.

Terra

Twitter:

Dezner

Has anyone here seen Noein at all? I won the box set at a convention, though I wanted to win the Haruhi artbook that was the prize after me.

Anyway, it's not that I won't enjoy the show if I start watching it, but I usually like to buy a show knowing at least what I'm getting in to. It's from Manga, so it's probably an action show. That's about all I know! Opinions!

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Objection

I also have Noein and I liked it. The plot is confusing at times later on but the animation is good and the dub is really well done.

Edited on by Objection

Terra

I've gathered myself a huge list of films to watch seeing that I have a lot of free time right now, films which I haven't yet watched including quite a few Animes. I feel like I'm starting to dig deeper into Anime.

The list includes some of the Ghibli films, such as Porco Rosso, Tales From Earthsea, Castle In The Sky, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, Lupin III: The Castle Of Cagliostro and Whisper Of The Heart.

I also was going to watch some more of Satoshi Kon's works after seeing Perfect Blue, such as Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers alongside Makoto Shinkai's Voices Of A Distant Star, 5 Centimetres Per Second and The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

Finally, I also have on the list Gainax's Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, and I did have the anime Metropolis on the list but I watched it earlier.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Twitter:

Dezner

Cool, I'm looking forward to watching Noein then!

Uguu!

Twitter:

Objection

Recently I started nabari no ou and FMA Brotherhood. Nabari is quite good but apart from the amazing opening/closings, I prefer the first FMA to Brotherhood. It just feels less fleshed out.

Dezner

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Uguu!

Twitter:

Cryptonic

irken004 wrote:

This is easily my fave anime:

so its astro boy at age 15?

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

Terra

Wait a minute, which Cyborg 009 series is that? I heard there were 3 recently

Terra

Twitter:

Objection

Dezner wrote:

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Wow, you do! There's around 19 episodes in Japan, with FUNimation posting the first 17 or so subbed on youtube. I'm on episode10 and I think the majority of the "new" stuff happens around 14.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic