Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,779

Bolt_Strike

Kogorn733 wrote:

I'm so tired of Nintendo focusing on mostly 3DS stuff during these directs. It's the WII U that needs further support, marketing and encouragement, NOT the 3ds.

I guess in the long term, maybe, but definitely not in the short term. The Wii U is missing some IPs in its lineup, and it could certainly use those announcements at E3, but its Spring lineup is actually pretty good. 3DS though? Its overall variety may be pretty good, but it has nothing big coming on the horizon. And its Spring lineup is horribly narrow in terms of genre diversity, most of what they showed off for it are casual games and JRPGs. There's not much to look forward to on the 3DS right now.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Punished_Boss_84

Bolt_Strike wrote:

My god, for a 46 minute Direct that was pretty boring. In fact, if they hadn't shown Splatoon I would've died of boredom. They showed a lot of 3DS stuff here, but most of it was casual games and JRPGs. Not a lot of genre diversity in this lineup outside of previously announced Wii U games.

Oh i wasn't the only one.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Punished_Boss_84

Kogorn733 wrote:

I'm so tired of Nintendo focusing on mostly 3DS stuff during these directs. It's the WII U that needs further support, marketing and encouragement, NOT the 3ds.

They couldn't just briefly mention New 3DS and move on, it needed to detailed this way (well not exactly this way, but it needed to be done)

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Darknyht

I think it is great that they are offering the Wii games on the eShop, but it feels like a stop gap measure to keep the console getting content on a more regular basis. I am excited because there are a lot of Wii games I missed after selling the Wii that I can now pick up at a fraction of what Gamestop charges (if you can find them).

I am interested in Project Treasure and intrigued that at least in the music playing while he talked sounded a lot like the .hack music. May be just because of the similar composer, but I will be very happy if I get to revisit that world again.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Blast

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon saved the Direct.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

Blast wrote:

Pretty much this. I understand they wanted to talk about the New 3DS, but from our perspective it was pretty boring; we already knew most, if not all of it already. Even things like the MM trailer and the Kirby trailer showed little new stuff, or things to get excited about. The Captain Toad amiibo support, well... I didn't really care for it.

The only things I expected to happen was some details on Yoshi's Woolly World. Now, I'm really curious as to when this game will be released.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Sleepingmudkip

Im so tired of people saying Fire emblem should be on the wii u.....like thats a game more enjoyable on the 3ds in my case because when i play turn-based strategy games i have to pace back and forward because it helps me think and its really uncomfortable when you play on the wii u pad(I tried it with the original FE on the wii u virtual console)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

veeflames

Project Treasure's reveal made me think...
"When last did I see or hear exclusive to Wii U in respect to third parties?"
I'm so happy Splatoon is coming May. I'll be writing an exam that month, so when I ace it, I need this. Plus, it's in time for my birthday!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

iKhan

As a whole, the direct was good, but the pacing was HORRIBLE. A bunch of awesome announcements were frontloaded, and then the direct concluded incredibly anticlimactically, with a bunch of things I already know and some bad news about a botched New 3DS Launch in the Americas.

Blast wrote:

I wouldn't say that. We got quite a lot of good stuff. But you usually want to end on a high note. This direct ended really abruptly, and it ruined it.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Yoshi_Prime

Late wrote:

Wait what? Japan got a Rhythm Heaven trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv68uVhpBOw

Please don't keep all the games I want, Japan. My money is right here. I'll just leave it on the table. You can make an English version and just leave it there in exchange. Or you can leave it in Japanese. I can guess.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

Randomname19

In the japanese direct the Happy Mask salesman talks!No dialog box,he actually talks!

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

WebHead

Great direct. Seems Mario Maker has been pushed to second half 2015. Maybe there will be a 3DS version and they want them to launch at the same time?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

If the 3DS can get another amazing Fire Emblem game then the Wii U can get something Metroid. I prolly sound bitter but I own a Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS has hit PS4 status aka it will continue to sell like crazy for whatever reason. I'm glad 3DS only users aren't crying anymore and arent worried anymore. But still... This Direct was so 3DS packed it became annoying. Thank you Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Okay full impressions time:

The good:

• The new animations are nice, I'm glad they freshened up the look for the new year
  • Fire Emblem 3DS was a pleasant surprise
  • Nintendo is continuing to respond to previous problems. Cross buy, another free-to-play game, and increased Amiibo accessibility and utilization to name a few.
  • Downloadable Wii titles is also a huge bonus.
  • Nintendo successfully showed that the 3DS still has plenty of support ahead
  • Fantastic updates on this years Wii U titles. Plus we got release dates!
  • Hyrule Warriors DLC indicates that Nintendo plans on maintaining support for a lot of their games for a while.
  • We are seeing more cooperation between Nintendo and 3rd Parties. The Wii U getting a 3rd Party exclusive is a big deal.
  • Great news on localizations, though nothing on Yokai Watch yet.

The bad:

• Never open strong and close weak. That's a good way to weaken the perception of the entire presentation. I actually thought when they ended the direct that it was a false ending because it ended so poorly.
  • NOA screwed up the New 3ds Launch big time. The lack of an A/C Adapter is a big deal.
  • Where is Yoshi's Woolly World?
  • SMT x FE seems to be more dead than The Last Guardian, and that's saying something.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Blast wrote:

If the 3DS can get another amazing Fire Emblem game then the Wii U can get something Metroid. I prolly sound bitter but I own a Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS has hit PS4 status aka it will continue to sell like crazy for whatever reason. I'm glad 3DS only users aren't crying anymore and arent worried anymore. But still... This Direct was so 3DS packed it became annoying. Thank you Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon

But let's be real here. The Wii U has a jam packed year already. There was serious doubt about the 3DS's 2015.

WebHead

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

But let's be real here. The Wii U has a jam packed year already. There was serious doubt about the 3DS's 2015.

Exactly. 3DS needed to be front and center.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Bolt_Strike

WebHead wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Exactly. 3DS needed to be front and center.

Too bad that most of the 3DS announcements fell in the same two categories (casual/eShop titles and JRPGs). That's not how you put 3DS "front and center". As it stands 3DS is still lacking a big game for 2015 and most of the 1st party IPs are completely absent from the lineup.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.