Forums

Topic: Where do you post reviews in 2023?

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Chukkaq

Hey there,

I wanted to ask for some guidance or advice from folks. I used to write gaming reviews back in the early 2010s. I got started writing user reviews on 1up and a few folks really enjoyed my Theatrhythm Review and how I tackled game reviewing. I also wrote for Zelda Informer for a while before they merged with Zelda dungeon. Some of my articles are still there even! After that, I wrote reviews for another indie site called TritonXP that eventually went under. Since then, I really haven't written a lot of reviews. In late 2022 I started getting back into it and posting them on my author website. I'm an indie author and released my first book in 2021. Aside from promoting it on TikTok, Instagram, and Reddit, I'm not sure where else I could put up a user review for others to enjoy. I mostly play Nintendo games / cozy games and while I'm not against trying to make video reviews I'm weary because I don't enjoy editing videos.

Do any of you know where to post that kind of content? I came to Nintendo Life thinking they'd have something only to learn they do not, or at least, I couldn't find where.

Follow your heart...but not that way.

Dogorilla

A few people post quite detailed reviews in the Games You Recently Beat thread on here, I don't know if that's quite what you're looking for though.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Chukkaq

@Dogorilla hmm I suppose that could work. Ive tried digging around online for something like what 1up used to be, but I can't seem to find anything.

Tasuki

Best bet is just creat your own blog site and post your reviews there. Sadly this site doesn't allow reader reviews. The only way you can post a detailed review here is if you work for NL.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chukkaq

Shoot thats a bummer. I wish there was a place like 1up again, but it is what it is. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone.

SportyMarioSonicMix

@Chukkaq: Is this what you are looking for?:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/920787-new-super-mario-bros/...

I think GameFAQ's lets users write their own reviews.

I often use them for the licensed games where I really love the television show, but know a serious video game site will not bother reviewing the game and just want to know if the framerate is solid and the camera works.

They are also great for the handheld ports in the GBA/DS/3DS era where one handheld port would often be great, but the console version was terrible, but the sites never bother actually reviewing the handheld version.

What games were you hoping to review?

Just this past Christmas, I looked up several games that had no reviews on GameFAQ's, so there are definitely people out there who could be helped A LOT by your reviews!

SportyMarioSonicMix

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic