Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,161

AlexSays

DestinyMan wrote:

@AlexSays: Then why waste your time on a Nintendo forum?

Because I have much more faith in you guys

I have great expectations of you young padawan

AlexSays

KeyMastar

"And here, we have the dramatic return of spectator mode!"

You know the company has nothing to actually say when they list spectator mode as a feature.

KeyMastar

Peach64

I have no doubt most people on THIS forum will absolutely love what Nintendo do tomorrow, based on the reactions to Directs. The problem is, people on this forum have gone nuts for every bit of media Nintendo have done in the last 2 years but their console has still flopped hard. Nintendo need to do more than they've done in all those directs, more than they did last year. I'm kinda hopeful they understand and will be announcing a ton, but part of me is nervous that they think everything is fine and all they need to do is show Smash Bros and Zelda.

Peach64

KeyMastar

Peach64 wrote:

I have no doubt most people on THIS forum will absolutely love what Nintendo do tomorrow, based on the reactions to Directs. The problem is, people on this forum have gone nuts for every bit of media Nintendo have done in the last 2 years but their console has still flopped hard. Nintendo need to do more than they've done in all those directs, more than they did last year. I'm kinda hopeful they understand and will be announcing a ton, but part of me is nervous that they think everything is fine and all they need to do is show Smash Bros and Zelda.

It doesn't matter how much nintendo does, unfortunately. This generation of 15-25 year old guys is already too full of idiots who blindly hate on nintendo because it is cool. Hopefully in a decade things will be better for ninty and others who pride themselves in their hardware innovation.

KeyMastar

Gamer83

AlexSays wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Yeah, but we'll see. I'm little worried about Sony's conference later tonight. If more than 2 minutes are spent on the 'remaster' of The Last of Us that could mean very, very bad things for the rest of the show.

Were you also worried about the Halo remaster?

MS was going to talk about Halo, it always does. It wasn't detailing a single game release and of one that just came out a year ago, so no, I had no problem with how MS handled that segment. My problem with the TLoU Remaster is it's a 2013 PS3 game, if it is the biggest game Sony has to offer at its show tonight and a lot of time is spent on it, that's not good.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AlexSays

Think you're confusing 'idiots that hate them blindly' with 'people that genuinely aren't interested in the hardware'

AlexSays

CaviarMeths

Watching the stream on Twitch, this game looks like it would run perfectly fine on PS360.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

AlexSays

Gamer83 wrote:

MS was going to talk about Halo, it always does. It wasn't detailing a single game release and of one that just came out a year ago, so no, I had no problem with how MS handled that segment. Everybody knows about TLoU, if it is the biggest game Sony has to offer at its show tonight and a lot of time is spent on it, that's not good.

I don't think any reasonable person is expecting TLOU to be the only big game shown tonight

AlexSays

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Why are some people having such little faith in Nintendo all of a sudden?

Wait we need a certain level of faith to post now oh dear.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blast

Microsoft did a good job. Like really good. If I was an Xbox One owner, I would feel very happy.

We'll see if how Sony handles their conference later tonight....

And Nintendo will do their own thing tomorrow.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gamer83

AlexSays wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

MS was going to talk about Halo, it always does. It wasn't detailing a single game release and of one that just came out a year ago, so no, I had no problem with how MS handled that segment. Everybody knows about TLoU, if it is the biggest game Sony has to offer at its show tonight and a lot of time is spent on it, that's not good.

I don't think any reasonable person is expecting TLOU to be the only big game shown tonight

There will be DriveClub, which like Forza Horizon 2 is useless because somehow in 2014 the devs can't make a 60 frame per second racing game, Uncharted and the indie games. But it's going to need more than that. Some people are expecting The Last Guardian, not my kind of game, but for the people who have been wanting to play it for what seems like eternity now, I hope it comes to fruition. It's probably going to be a good show, but I want a great one and it's going to need a lot more than what I've mentioned. I'm hoping Sony has been just playing things close to its vest and is set to drop some huge announcements tonight, but I don't want to go overboard with the hype either so I'm trying to temper my expectations.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

KeyMastar wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

It doesn't matter how much nintendo does, unfortunately. This generation of 15-25 year old guys is already too full of idiots who blindly hate on nintendo because it is cool. Hopefully in a decade things will be better for ninty and others who pride themselves in their hardware innovation.

What about conetion of people who started gaming when nintendo was out of vouge in the 5th and 6th gen and doesn't care about Mario but gets hyped when a Phantom Dust or a new Dark Cloud is announced.

gotta say im excited for sony for all the calls of me sellng my PS4 we don't know anything they will show off.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

Microsoft - A fine showing, lots of games and lots of stage demos although the CG trailers crept back in once they started talking about 2015 titles (I think the last three games were all just CG trailers?). The Halo part IMO was a letdown with very little of Halo 5.

EA - Weak. All the games I was looking forward to see (Mirror's Edge, Star Wars Battlefront, new Mass Effect) were only shown in concept form with too few details to leave much of an impression. The rest were just stuff we knew a lot about before and the usual stuff like sports games and Battlefield Hardline (is it me or does it look worse than Battlefield 4?). Could have benefited from one or two surprises.

Ubisoft up next.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Captain_Toad

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Sure hope nintendo doesn't show too much of Smash. I get it that it's going to be cool and all, but how about we focus on the other stuff, eh?

Heh, they have a separate conference for smash somewhere.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

IceClimbers

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Captain_Toad Good. Guess there's nothing to complain on...yet.

It's that closed 90 presentation/QA session. Won't be livestreamed offcially, but someone will record it like the Pokemon XY one last year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

cookiex

Mr. Miyamoto will be on #Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ #E3 tomorrow afternoon to show some of his new projects. Stay tuned for updates!

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.