Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 81 to 100 of 490

TuVictus

I think we'll either get a release date or a delay announcement for Xenoblade 2. It's hard to imagine anything other than that for that specific game

TuVictus

IceClimbers

For the other companies, I think Microsoft is the one that needs a blowout of surprises, even more so than Nintendo. I think general enthusiasm for the Xbox brand is at a low point, even with Scorpio on the way.

Sony honestly doesn't need to announce new games. Just give us more details on the games we know about lol. Do think we'll see Sucker Punch's project announced though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

My Nintendo predictions:

• ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Smash port
  • Mario Rabbids RPG
  • 1 or 2 3rd party games (think Monopoly tier)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Breath of the Wild DLC (footage of DLC1 in action and story details for DLC2)
  • Animal Crossing with the mobile game coming at some point during E3
  • Indies in the Treehouse streams but not in the Spotlight event (they pulled this trick at E3 2015)
  • 3DS treat for E3 ends up being GSC for VC

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

My three biggest wants with extra specifications in parenthesis;

• A new IP from Bethesda the studio (literally any kind of setting but generic sci-fi)
  • Monster Hunter 5 on Switch (featuring 15 or so totally new monsters to set it apart from Cross)
  • Metroid Prime 4 developed by Retro (Pointer controls and Samus' ship / interplanetary travel returns from Corruption, but just forget about the Stylux tease from that game's 100% credits. The planet post credits scene at the end of Halo 3 only lead to a mediocre sequel.)

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

Weren't we supposed to get an Animal Crossing Mobile Game like last year or something?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

Big thing is that I expect a lot of dates for the smaller stuff like Sonic Mania, Namco Museum, Skyrim, Yooka-Laylee, RiME, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

I'm expecting the online service to be covered in a separate Direct.There's too much to go over and many of the features will be stuff that's been on other consoles for years so they need to keep that out of the E3 show.Saying that,I think they need to get all the information out about it before E3 since they're going to be promoting their big online games.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FGPackers

Maybe the AAA IP rumored for Scorpio

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

GrailUK

I don't expect much more than;
June 13th : OH MY GOD MARIO IS BACK!!!
June 14th : Wow, these guys are amazing at Splatoon!
June 15th : Arms looks like it has so much depth, it's a shame the people playing it were clueless.
Interspaced with new footage of all the games we know about.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

I'm expecting Sony to have the most games that people actually want to see, and a minority of people will be intentionally ignorant about why they "somehow" won.

Unless you try to bring up the actual quality of the released product, in which case you shouldn't care much about E3 in the first place.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

I'm kind of expecting KH3 and FFVII Remake to be delayed yet again. I think they will be the new FFXV/Persona 5 in terms of delays, releasing for the PS5 in like 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CyberAvia

My hopes are small so if big things do happen i'll be shocked.
My Hopes

Switch VC
KH &/OR FF7 release date
Assassin's Creed game with NO FREAKING SHIPS!
That is literally all I want from E3. Oh well one more. NEW UBISOFT HOST! The one they use is horrible.

CyberAvia

Twitter:

CyberAvia

@Octane Boats I'm cool with since in a way all of them had boats in one way or another. I just hated the ships in Black Flag. Granted they were the focus and I doubt they are doing another pirate game

Edited on by CyberAvia

CyberAvia

Twitter:

RR529

What I want from Nintendo:

• New trailers for Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, & Fire Emblem Warriors.
  • Hope to see 3rd party releases like Dragon Quest Heroes I&II & Shantae: Half Genie Hero get a mention, even if just in a sizzle reel.
  • In terms of first party announcements, Retro's game (I would be happy with DK, but would prefer Metroid or a new Sci-Fi centric IP, if only to provide a balance to all the sword & sorcery stuff Switch has, such as BotW, FEWarriors, XC2, & DQHI&II). Would also like to see something Kirby announced for the Switch, given the anniversary.
  • for 3rd party announcements, a Tales confirmation would be great, as well as an FPS/3rdPS game, just for variety (I'd hope for something more in the sci-fi space).

In terms of Playstation: Give me a KHIII trailer, and I'll be good. TBH, the PS4 has enough going on for it already that I don't need a big show.

As for Xbox: While it does have a few interesting titles, TBH, I don't know of anything MS could do to make the system appealing to me.

I don't want to jinx anything, but if all goes well I may be getting a new job in the next month or two, which makes following this E3 much more exciting for me than it has been these past few years. Hopefully I'll be able to jump into the current generation before summer is out, and PS4 & Switch are both on my radar. As it stands, PS4 has the big advantage in terms of games, but I'd have to invest in a new TV first, which I'm not looking forward too. Switch doesn't yet have many must have titles, but it'd be much more convenient as I wouldn't have to worry about the TV. I'm getting way ahead of myself though. Don't even have a job yet, and one step at a time as they say.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NaviAndMii

A lot of people seem to be getting their hopes up for a deluxe port of Smash Bros WiiU - but I can't see it happening this year myself...Nintendo are surely going to want to give ARMS a real chance before they introduce their more established brawler to the system? My hunch could be wrong of course, but I think I'd prefer it if Nintendo would hold back a few of their 'AAA' titles for 2018 and beyond - especially if there's already a title coming this year that fills a similarly shaped hole! ..I'd love (love LOVE) to see a new F-Zero game but, again - with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - maybe Nintendo might feel that they've got the racing base covered for 2017??

...of all of the rumours, I think that 'Animal Crossing Switch' is the most likely - we know there's an Animal Crossing mobile game in the works, which has been delayed for no official reason - my hunch--o-meter detects that this could be because it'll be a companion app for a fully fledged home console AC game! We shall see..!

I also think there's a pretty good chance that we'll see a new Metroid title (or two?) this year given the recent rumours - I just wonder whether a 2018 release might make more sense? Of course, I want to see the Switch have a super-strong 2017 - but not at the expense of having a strong 2018, 2019 etc. - so I'm keeping my hopes and expectations in check with the future in mind!

Personally, I'd quite like to see some more casual/party titles - maybe something along the lines of Wii Sports, or WarioWare, or (an older style) Mario Party perhaps? ..games that I could take around to a friends/family-members place to really show off the console! Maybe Nintendo will feel that they have this base covered already with 1-2-Switch though (?! ) so I won't get my hopes up too much!

I also (and this probably won't be too popular!) really like some of Nintendo's sports games - Mario Strikers would be most welcome in my house!

As far as third-party titles are concerned, I'd be disappointed if we didn't see an announcement for a first-person shooter...PayDay 2 is nice and all - but something that could bring some competitive multiplayer FPS action to the Switch would help to fill a big, big hole I think ..I'm also dreaming of seeing a few more sports titles, a 'realistic' racer - and maybe a few tasty ports of AAA games from other consoles too for good measure! Obviously, it's unlikely that we'll see ports of the most resource intensive PS4/XBO games - but I'm hoping for a few surprises! ..I think that the Switch is more powerful than some people give it credit for - so I'd like to see something that proves it!

Whatever they have planned, I'll be excited to see it!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Nintenerdguy Well, my girlfriend is still thoroughly enjoying her 3DS - so I'm glad that Nintendo hasn't dumped it in the 'great scrapheap of once-loved gadgets' like they did with the WiiU! No idea what to expect though, aside from those games that were surprisingly announced in the recent Direct...just grateful that it's still alive and kicking at this point!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Dezzy

The only things I absolutely need to see are FF7 remake and Xenoblade 2. After that, I'm happy to be surprised by random crap.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.