Forums

Topic: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door!!!!!!!

Posts 301 to 320 of 541

drunktusken

Looking foward to getting Paper Mario Thousand Year Door if its available at Walmart as long its not sold out or nabbed up by scalpers or hoarders

drunktusken

PikminMarioKirby

I'm surprised the game hasn't leaked yet. Maybe the whole Amazon/Walmart/Target thing is somewhat preventing it? I guess if there are any early copies, they're not landing in leaker's hands. This is a good thing, so more people play the game legally.

Some of my favorite games are Paper Mario and TTYD, SM64, Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin 1-4, Kirby Forgotten Land, and the DKC OG trilogy (especially the first 2). All on Switch besides LM. Nintendo please bring it back!

PikminMarioKirby

@Eel "Ha! I leaked the game early. Now it's time to play!" (5 days later) "I wonder how my leaked game is doing, since the game releases today!" checks computer "OH NO HOW DID I FORGET TO LEAK IT"

Some of my favorite games are Paper Mario and TTYD, SM64, Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin 1-4, Kirby Forgotten Land, and the DKC OG trilogy (especially the first 2). All on Switch besides LM. Nintendo please bring it back!

PikminMarioKirby

Reviews will most likely release tomorrow, and I for one...don't care too much. I'm just excited to play it! I know I'll enjoy it no matter how they review it, as I very much enjoyed the original.

FishyS

@PikminMarioKirby tbh, the only really interesting part of reviews is to see if it will end up as a potential GotY nominee which itself doesn't really matter either.. but it's fun to see Nintendo win stuff 😝 Even if it is usually just best family game.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS I mean RE4 remake was a GOTY nominee last year, so why not TTYD? The GOTY choosers kind of are bias with certain-style games/towards PlayStation games, so I kind of doubt it. This year's selection is somewhat small though, from what we know so far.

I know it'll probably be a family nominee, but this isn't the kind of game that is exactly...a family game.

I usually don't care about Game Awards too much since there is some bias, and Nintendo usually doesn't have too many announcements there anyway.

Eel

To be completely fair, resident evil 4 was a full blown cinematic modernized reimagining of the game, not a simple by the numbers remake. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying this will be lacking in effort, but is not the same kind of remake.

It’s the kind of thing where both the original and the remake can pretty much stand on their own as separate experiences, instead of being the same experience but one looks nicer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PikminMarioKirby

@Eel Yeah I don't play RE so I have no idea how that worked, I just knew it was a remake. I think that TTYD can still be there, but who knows.

Fizza

have you ever seen a more beautiful sight than this

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

PikminMarioKirby

@Fizza I can't believe it! Seems like almost all 9s and 10s, congrats to one of the best games of all time! Definitely underrated by the 9/10 people, in my opinion. But we all have different gaming tastes!

FishyS

@Fizza @PikminMarioKirby Hah, so NL is the low score this time? It was pretty much 9/10 for my predicted reason of 'not enough new content'. NL tends to be a bit strict with remakes. I'm still salty about the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond review which basically read 'still an excellent game, newcomers will love it; 6/10 because as a remake it was bad even though as a game it was good'.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Eh, for me it's a 7/10.
Why 7 ?
Because I prefer other RPG games like FF VIII and FF IX with score 9/10 for FF VIII and 8/10 for FF IX.
Also, since I didn't grow up by a lot of Mario stuffs, the way I reacted with Mario games just very low hype. It was like a slow handclap reaction.

Anti-Matter

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS Yeah NL is the strict one lol. There was tons of new stuff and QoL stuff, still baffles me Metroid Prime Remastered got a higher rating. Both should be 10/10 if anything! Their remake/remaster reviews are fairly inconsistent, from what we've seen. Depends on reviewer.

Anti-Matter

Also, it's very ironic that I really want to get TTYD Switch version ASAP, but at the same time I will buy PS5 machine in June 2024 according to my plan so I have to wait for next month again to get TTYD Switch version.

Anti-Matter

FishyS

@PikminMarioKirby I'm not a Metroid Prime fan so I admit I don't really know what the remake brings to the table.

A few metacritic reviews of TTYD dropped 8/10s for basically the seem reason of 'no new content'. Currently the overall metacritic is 90. For the year, it is 5th on metacritic currently — after final fantasy rebirth, animal well, balatro, and tekken 8. Interesting year that two of the top games are small indies.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS Yeah I'm not much of one either, but I know it probably deserves a high score. I believe remastered just had new controls and maybe some concept art (and new graphics).

The reviews are still coming in so it could go up/down. Yeah glad to see indies doing so well!

kkslider5552000

I knew they weren't gonna do it, but I was kinda hoping instead of merely getting rid of some of the backtracking, they would've just...made those sections good? It always feels like giving up when your only solution to fixing a boring part of the game is to let people skip it, thus making the game shorter.

Very nitpicking, especially since the game is still longer than SMRPG, but I do wish more remakes did that. I'm still glad people won't end up like me and turn half their time in chapter 4 into the most boring, pointless experience possible.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

PikminMarioKirby

Just one more day! This game is nearly here!

Novamii

Tomorrow is the day everybody! Only one more day until TTYD finally gets a chance to shine for an audience far greater than the original could ever achieve! Gonna pull a no-life and marathon this baby until I can't anymore! I hope those of you who've played the original get to experience it like the first time, and for those of us who genuinely ARE experiencing it for the first time, I hope this game is worth all the hype! I look forward to gushing about this game with the rest of the fandom, I'll see you on the other side.

"Happy is the man who can sleep in the comfort of the smile he sees then. No, I don't wish for forever. Even just for one moment, it's enough if it's with her."

My Current Games: Staring at my backlog, and accomplishing nothing! :)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic