THQ Nordic has wrapped up its 10th Anniversary Showcase, and thankfully it included a Switch announcement among a number of PC and PS5 / Xbox Series titles. Unsurprisingly Nintendo's system will be getting SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake, the latest game for the iconic IP that is 'coming soon'.
As you'd expect it looks fun in the trailer, and digging into the game description makes us think it could be a rather clever adventure game. Check out some details below.
Everything is possible in the infinite expanses of the cosmos .. there might even be a reality where mayonnaise isn't an instrument! When the mysterious fortune teller Kassandra grants SpongeBob and Patrick wishes, the two buddies unintentionally open up portals to strange Wishworlds... it's all F.U.N. and games until their friends get lost in the portals! Explore seven distinct worlds and don more than 30 cosmic skins to rescue the universe of the brand new adventure SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake.
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
- Don more than 30 F.U.N.tastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
- Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
- Meet all your favorite Bikini Bottomites from the series, voiced by their original actors
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory
We'll keep an eye out for firmer release details in the coming weeks; are you excited about another SpongeBob title heading to Switch?