Graffiti Games and Snoozy Kazoo have revealed that Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion will be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
This indie action-adventure has you evading taxes and tearing down the government – but you'll be doing it as a cute little turnip. After failing to pay taxes and getting evicted from his home, Turnip Boy must go on a quest to pay back his massive debt to Mayor Onion, solving puzzles, taking on fights and more along the way.
Finally, we can get to live the hardcore secret life led by Nintendo's own Yoshi – if you know, you know.
"Turnip Boy was inspired by a number of classic Nintendo games and we’re thrilled that we can bring our game to the Switch," says Yukon Wainczak, developer at Snoozy Kazoo. "We can’t wait to see what Nintendo fans think of Turnip Boy and we hope it can become the next great action-adventure game in their games catalogue."
Here's a list of features and a nice selection of screenshots:
Major Features Include:
- A thrilling, single-player adventure full of tax evasion, petty crimes and more.
- Dungeons full of puzzles, enemies and rare treasures to pay back your debt.
- Massive beasts to battle.
- Grow and harvest plants to aid in your journey.
- A large cast of quirky food-based characters, all with their own stories and problems.
- Tons of tax documents to rip up, allowing you to erase your paper trail and potentially destroy the government.
- Multiple endings based on how effectively you commit tax evasion.
- Collectable hats to deck out Turnip Boy in any way you choose!
- A deep history of the world and how it became what it is.
If you're liking the look of this one, make sure to join us in keeping an eye out for more news on a solid release date over the next few months, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.