Incredible debt and financial pressure aside, Animal Crossing: New Horizons - and the entire series, in fact - is known for being one of the most relaxing, stress-free games available across any platform. It should come as no surprise, then, that Nintendo's latest blockbuster has been ranked as exactly that in a new study.
As part of a recent video game lockdown load time report, comparison site Uswitch has been crunching the data to find the most relaxing games on the market. To do that, it's used eight key factors that were recently highlighted in a study which looked into the relaxing nature of video games, giving each game a score represented as a 'chill factor':
- Reflexes & co-ordination
- Non-Threatening environment
- Co-player/social aspect
So, which games came out on top? Here's the top ten:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Console: Nintendo Switch - Chill Factor: 66/80
- The Sims 4 - Console: PC, PS4, Xbox - Chill Factor: 57/80
- Pokémon: Sword and Shield - Console: Nintendo Switch - Chill Factor: 56/80
- Yoshi’s Crafted World - Console: Nintendo Switch - Chill Factor: 55/80
- Slime Rancher - Console: PS4 - Chill Factor: 51/80
- Dreams - Console: PS4 - Chill Factor: 45/80
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild - Console: Nintendo Switch - Chill Factor: 44/80
- Firewatch - Console: PC, PS4, Xbox - Chill Factor: 42/80
- Valley - Console: Xbox. PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC - Chill Factor: 40/80
- Abzu - Console: PS4 - Chill Factor: 30/80
We're not sure where all these studies have started coming from recently, but in the past week, we've also had a report telling us that Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the most stress-relieving games, as well as a breakdown showing which countries are best at playing which games.
Do you agree with the games listed above? What game do you find to be the most relaxing? Tell us in the comments below.