Here's the story you've all been waiting for, folks: Nintendo's official customer support has today shared a message regarding the dangers of pets urinating on your favourite consoles.
We can't quite believe it either, but in a world where products have to come with all sorts of ridiculous warnings just in case someone was silly enough to eat a lightbulb or something, it does kind of make sense. The warning comes from @nintendo_cs, Nintendo's official Japanese customer support service, and talks about keeping an eye on your pet in general.
Nintendo Soup has provided a translation:
“As pets have poor eyesight, your Nintendo Switch could turn into their toy! And by the time you know it, it’s too late… as your Nintendo Switch would have been soaked by your pet’s saliva or urine. Liquids like this could cause damage to the Nintendo Switch.
In addition, there’s also a chance your pet could bite cables (for the Nintendo Switch dock), causing disconnection. In any case, if you are taking care of a pet, please make sure your Nintendo Switch is in a safe place!
So there you have it. Just in case you weren't aware, having your beloved dog or cat relieve itself all over your Joy-Con probably isn't the best idea. Keep those Switches safe!