Hero Concept has announced that its recently released arcade brick breaker game Doughlings: Arcade will be launching on Switch next week.
Combining the addictive nature of brick breaker mechanics with a fresh take on power-ups, character evolution, level design, and narration, Doughlings: Arcade is aiming to revamp its classic genre. Playing as Morpheus, you are tasked with healing as many of your fellow Doughlings as possible in each level. Character evolution also comes into play with Doughlings in the form of unlocking additional personas.
These personas are activated by DNA inside a level, essentially acting as limited time power-ups with special abilities. Each persona comes with its own unique 'Show Off' trait, providing alternate gameplay that is said to result in creative strategies and humorous animations. The game features 90 levels in total, all of varying difficulty, and also offers its own level creation engine. Players can design and share their custom-made levels, offering endless amounts of play time and challenges.
- Classic breakout gameplay with new mechanics.
- 6 different characters with unique superpowers.
- Special abilities to unlock for each character to help you along your journey.
- 90 levels to play and challenge your skills.
- Lots of different targets to face and destroy.
- Create your own levels with the level editor.
Doughlings: Arcade will be available on Switch on 13th September.
Are you intrigued by this one? Let us know if you'll be playing this arcade puzzler on the go with a comment below.