Today sees a brand new update (and therefore some brand new content) for battle royale phenomenon Fortnite, and if you've become just as hopelessly obsessed as almost everyone else on the planet, you'll no doubt want to know exactly what to expect.
First up is the Stink Bomb. Acting as a grenade for your inventory, the Stink Bomb explodes into a cloud on impact and slowly damages any of the poor souls desperately stuck inside. If you start to see these deadly clouds on the battlefield, make sure to keep out of their deadly fumes.
There have also been some bug fixes related to Discord integration, and improvements have been made to "information displayed when in a Battle Royale", but the most exciting news is the return of Final Fight: Teams of 20. This limited time mode has five teams of 20 taking each other on, with the Storm Circles giving players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer and, when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins.
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
The game's servers went down at 9am BST (4am ET) today to implement the latest patch, with a return to normality expected in just a few short hours' time.
Have you been enjoying Fortnite on your Switch? Will you be checking out this new content later today? Let us know how you've been getting on with a comment below.