This reboot of a reboot could use another reboot
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is exactly the video game that the film deserves. Sony and Activision couldn’t have planned it better if they tried. Nowadays, Spider-Man’s existence outside of comic books isn’t for creative purposes, and the accepted level of quality is appalling on all fronts...
The web-slinger runs out of time
Activision's two Amazing Spider-Man games for the Wii U have been yanked from the Wii U eShop. While neither title could be considered a solid-gold classic, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 presumably had an audience thanks to the licence alone - and it would seem that is also the reason for their...
Kingpin featured as a prominent baddie
Activision has just released the latest trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a story-centered preview that showcases many of the villains giving Spidey trouble this time around. Among them are the Kingpin, the notorious crime lord who's placed a bounty on Spider-Man's head; Black Cat, who is carrying out said...
Slightly behind the North American release date
Activision has revealed that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be hitting Europe on May 2nd — just after the North American launch of April 29th, which coincides with the release of the movie in that region. The free-roaming action adventure is launching on a variety of consoles, including the Wii U and...
Swinging on to Nintendo systems next spring
Activision and Marvel Entertainment have announced a new video game based on the upcoming feature film The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is coming to Wii U and 3DS next spring. Developed by Beenox — the studio also responsible for the Wii U and Wii versions of last year's The Amazing Spider-Man — to coincide...
What started out as the search for a killer very quickly becomes something so much more.
In a unique story alongside the events of the second film, Spider-Man discovers he’s not the only one tracking down Manhattan’s criminals. The underworld has been turned upside down with a one man campaign of violence and murder that is has captured the city in an iron grip of fear. Villains from the film as well as fan-favorite, classic Marvel characters are woven together in a twisted web of adrenaline-fueled, free-roaming, web-slinging action that puts players on a collision course with an evil far beyond Spider-Man’s reckoning.
- Play as Peter Parker: Play as Spider-Man’s citizen alter-ego persona as you investigate the motivations of multifaceted villains.
- All-Star Villain Cast: Wide cast of Spider-Man universe and movie villains, each with their own unique boss battle encounters.
- All New Web Arsenal: New web-swing mechanic includes expanded web-shooter capabilities and chemical properties that allow you to freeze and blow up items on impact.
- Expansive NYC: Explore and take on villains in a more expansive Manhattan cityscape than the previous Amazing Spider-Man.
- New Heroism System: “Hero or Menace” system rewards you for acting as Spider-Man by stopping crime and saving citizens, but face the consequences if you don’t keep down crime rates.
- Advanced Combat & Upgrades: New abilities and expanded fast-paced, acrobatic combat moves bring players up close and personal as Spidey takes down foes.
- Free roam available on Wii U™ system only.